Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
    Player
    Here is the factual reality of FF4 and FF11.

If the management told YoshiP "no you cannot make ff16" he would of put all his developers efforts into making FF14 and FF11 as good as they can be in every way possible, they would get all the sprinkles, they would get all the efforts of the entire division.

However because he was told yes you can make ff16 we do not get all the sprinkles, and worse than that because ff16 is not doing so well we get punished for it too.

In a perfect world I would love that they are making ff16, we don't live in a perfect world. We get less becasue they are making it and we get punished if it flops, and we also get punished if it does well (cause they will be making ff17 then too)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It's not your/i/our faults that there's no one else here to talk to.
    I disagree.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you have 100 people and pay them to build a wall, then ask them to also build you a a hundred showers too the wall is either going to take longer to build or will be built to a lower standards.
    SE has multiple devleopment teams working on multiple projects. I'm not suggesting resources are infinite but a big company like SE is more than capable of managing a significant number of people workng on multiple projects.

You know how i keep mentioning creative business unit 3? three is a number. There is more than one unit. There is more than one facility with more than one team working at it. They can ABSOLUTELY make multiple games at the same time without compromising any one of them.""

Also one thing you might notice if you watch FFXIV's multiple hour long credit rolls, is they contracted with DOZENS of third party companies providing various middleware, tools, and other development support. This means that not everyone who works on any of these games is a SE employee, and they can do a lot more without a ridiculously massive staff.

You know, why can't you channel your supposed passion for FFXI into talking about FFXI itself, how much you love it, and all sorts of more positive things instead of moaning and crying (to use forum-appropriate terms) about everything NOT FFXI?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-18-2023 at 01:39 PM.

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Us as players attempt to rationalize dev decisions. However, it is important to understand their words, or Jargon.

"Using jargon makes your communication more specific."

When they use "Limitations" or "Coding" it means they have no plans to do what you are asking. Before it was PS2 limitations, now those limitations are attached to the code.

Devs are only limited by what they are willing to spend, on what they are willing to do.

They are not willing to spend much on XI, because they actually killed it off when it was the most profitable title in the series. If that is not saying "Screw XI" I don't know what is.....

....Still won't stop me from asking for stuff lol.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Devs are only limited by what they are willing to spend, on what they are willing to do.
    well it's like I said. The devs assigned to the project would probably love to make everyone's dreams come true. But the guys at SE who hold the coin purses aren't about to invest in it without some evidence that it will be worth the cost.

....Still won't stop me from asking for stuff lol.
    Yeah, im not saying you shouldn't post about this stuff, I"m just being realistic when I say things like "its not gonna happen." Like you and everyone else here I'd love to see new stuff, a remaster, new UI, and a pretty long list of other things. =\
    (0)

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36