Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Which is why they don't state they are doing it even if they are.
    then they never should have mentioned that they were moving staff off FFXI.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    True, nothing they are doing makes sense at face value.

I think they are upto something, we will see though.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

It's almost painful to watch this line of reasoning.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It's almost painful to watch this line of reasoning.
    I still don't like how you stood against me on the wiki. But I'm liking you a little bit more with each passing post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela

I'm pretty sure you aren't taking the correct meaning from their post.
    (1)

Player
    If it's not this, it's the developers starving ff14 of content by moving all the developers off so they can work on ff16.

It's crazy how this company and division deals with buisness, it's like they don't care that ff14 is floundering as long as they can have fun making ff16. Then if that does well they will make more single player games and ff14 will get even less content than it already does.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidstorm View Post
    I'm speculating of course, but it may just be the people who worked on TVR.

Just think, it takes a lot of directing, animating, story writing and imaginations/resources to produce video/cut scenes.

I mean, I used to make YouTube videos and writing the scripts took enough time up alone.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Square are just not a very well run company at all levels.

To use World of Warcraft as an example (or at a lesser level, runescape, everquest, Eve online etc), WoW and is almost as old as XI but becasue it's a successful product they invest money into it to keep it as successful as possible and as their most important title. They invest in a proven success instead of constantly looking for something new to work on.

Square Enix will hit gold with guaranteed successes and get bored and look to do something else all the time.

With FF11 for example, they could invest into the game and make it far more profitable with regular expansions and increased player numbers but they just don't want to invest into it, and would rather do the bare minimum and then throw money into new projects with almost no chance of success. They are using the same devkits 20 years later, they could of upgraded these any time in the past 20 years and refused to do so.

With FF14 they do the bare minimum there too, there is very little excitement with the devs to make new content for that game and almost all the creatives in that division have spent the last few years and the next couple to come working on ff16. To the detriment of 14, why on earth would you allow your developers to move off ff14 if it's doing so well? This is how the company is though.

It's insane how they operate, I can't ever imagine the people working on wow going off to work on some new game that might flop or complaining cause they are working on a 20 year old development systems they just give 100% to wow. They are just happy to have a job they enjoy, that's making money.

It's like they get bored and want to chase a new butterfly constantly.
    (3)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-07-2023 at 08:53 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    It's 2023, I've noticed they are slowly moving FF14 from being a MMORPG to a single player version so you won't feel forced to play with other players anymore. It's all about enjoying the game whether by yourself or with others. That's all that matters.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I still don't like how you stood against me on the wiki. But I'm liking you a little bit more with each passing post.
    I don't recall the exact context of that, but I assume it was about how one day Cloepdia will be gone and we should collectively work on a single resource or something. Not that it matters, just the comment was made and I don't even remember because lol.

Square are just not a very well run company at all levels.
    There you go, /thread. you've said enough and can be satisfied enough to stop, right?
    (0)

Player
    I don't recall the exact context of that, but I assume it was about how one day Cloepdia will be gone and we should collectively work on a single resource or something. Not that it matters, just the comment was made and I don't even remember because lol.
    1.You aren't trustworthy enough to be running the only resource for ffxi, given recent developments.
    2.Spite is one of your primary drives to do anything.

(1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-08-2023 at 06:06 AM.

Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast