Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    You should probably review the definition of "literally," as this word cannot be used to exaggerate given its meaning. In fact most people make poor use of it, because it only has real meaningful use in contrasting with "figuratively."
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You should probably review the definition of "literally," as this word cannot be used to exaggerate given its meaning. In fact most people make poor use of it, because it only has real meaningful use in contrasting with "figuratively."
    See definition 2, unless you know more than Merriam-Webster?
    (0)
    It's your server.

Player
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...6-Yoshi-P-lied

True, and also heavily impacted 11 too.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I dsagree with just about every point in that post. I've had something to do in every patch this expansion and I entirely disagree with the notion that there's been less content.

Just for fun, I'll address them, since I can't post there.

-Ultimates only cater to an extreme minority of the population (something like sub-1% of players and we are all aware how much cheating is used in that subset anyway)
    This is technically true, yes, but they don't release these every day so I don't see the problem

-Crystalline Conflict was a cool attempt to revive PvP, but their refusal to add a casual mode or ranked mode where you can queue with friends has already resulted in this being dead too.
    Flat out false, as it had both a casual and a ranked mode from the start. The reason you can't queue with others is becuase of the inherent gameplay advantage of premades against randoms. There are custom modes for those who want to play with a bunch of friends.

-Criterion dungeons were a massive lazy flop with garbage rewards.
    Subjective. "garbage" is nonsense. Amazing? no.

-They've done nothing with BLU nor added other limited jobs.
    Blatantly false as BLU was just updated. Aside from this, no one wants more limited jobs so this is a good thing. Key word "limited." People want full jobs, not limited jobs.

-The relics have been the laziest they've ever done. Whether you enjoy this step or not I'm sure you can agree on that. You can finish each step in a single day for MULTIPLE jobs and all you do is roulettes, nothing new.
    the whole point of these quest lines was to put people back in the queue for existing contents so that people who NEED to do them can still clear them. (And most players in FFXIV are not nearly as tolerant of long grinds as we are in FFXI)

-The new deep dungeon while appreciated isn't anything special. HoH changed the formula from PotD up a bit but EO is just a carbon copy of the two more or less. There's some new pomanders and new random enemies, that's it. No surprises. HoH added massive stadium rooms full of enemies and the special summon pomanders at least, what did EO add? Nothing.
    Full stop disagree. I'd say random NMs appearing in your path that one or two-shot you constitutes a "surprise." And I'm really confused here, because HoH did not add any summon pomanders, while EO in fact did. Did this guy even play the content?

-Island Sanctuary while cute has been really shallow in what it actually delivers in terms of content. It's just a lazy boring daily grind when you boil it down.
    We can debate how fun or interesting one thinks this content is, but content is content, and the original point of the post was to illustrate a supposed lack of content. So far we've talked about several major new contents. Not liking them all doesn't make them not new content.
    -The MSQ bits have all been incredibly short, padded by forcing the patch cycle trials into the MSQ when they were side quests in every other expansion after ARR.
    False. If anything the new MSQ story is longer than most of the previous, and you can be 100% sure that in a year or two newer players are actually going to complain about how long it is.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-15-2023 at 04:34 AM.

Are you lost? This is the FFXI forum, not FFXIV. Just because you're banned from the FFXIV side, doesn't mean you should just makes walls of text about it here.
    (0)
    It's your server.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Are you lost? This is the FFXI forum, not FFXIV. Just because you're banned from the FFXIV side, doesn't mean you should just makes walls of text about it here.
    Pixela referenced it, I'm just reacting. If you have such a big problem with it, you don't have to respond to it.

The ultimate point was that he thinks that FFXVI's development is taking away from both games, and I quite frankly don't see the evidence of that.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...6-Yoshi-P-lied

As another active player, and being legacy in boot: I can say for certain that the poster over FF14 OF are just one sided.

Just to sum it up: There are literally LOADS of content from 2.x to 5.x. And as an achievement hunter myself, I still found more & more of them left to be done, personally kinda thank Yoshi-P to slow things down for 6.x, even that doesn't really help much with loads of stuff over achievement menu that I wanna get it done.

Posts like that usually just cater for content they only wanna do & forgot that achievement menu exist. Just like when FF11 free login came up each time, I would mostly dedicate my time to grind on RoEs, trying to get over that 999+ done since there's special quest to unlock behind it, not something I can quickly finish on top of other needs like CPing/Mlvling for example.

and to address each point:

-Ultimates only cater to an extreme minority of the population (something like sub-1% of players and we are all aware how much cheating is used in that subset anyway)
    It is true that it probably caters toward that extreme minority, but it does proves that Yoshi-P listen & care even for that minority. He's even sad when finding out that cheats btw.

-Crystalline Conflict was a cool attempt to revive PvP, but their refusal to add a casual mode or ranked mode where you can queue with friends has already resulted in this being dead too.
    It also does introduce series rewards that I find highly incentive even to ppl who never really like PvP (me for example) since they do fork interesting rewards like glamour/minion/fashion/songs/mount albeit recoloured version from previous ones, which does crave my achievement hunter needs.

-Criterion dungeons were a massive lazy flop with garbage rewards.
    & how does FF11's monstrosity for example? Maybe it flopped, but it's still interesting content (& so does criterion dungeon), which I would try given that I have more free time that is.

-They've done nothing with BLU nor added other limited jobs.
    The poster is from 3 months away. There's gonna be another BLU content added on patch 6.45.

-The relics have been the laziest they've ever done. Whether you enjoy this step or not I'm sure you can agree on that. You can finish each step in a single day for MULTIPLE jobs and all you do is roulettes, nothing new.
    Try doing & completing all relics, coz I did do them all. & again, rly thankful that grind this expac are much lenient. Highly doubt the poster even care to do past relics, otherwise he wouldn't blatantly saying those like an idiot.

-The new deep dungeon while appreciated isn't anything special. HoH changed the formula from PotD up a bit but EO is just a carbon copy of the two more or less. There's some new pomanders and new random enemies, that's it. No surprises. HoH added massive stadium rooms full of enemies and the special summon pomanders at least, what did EO add? Nothing.
    Again, highly doubt he even invest time doing any of them, not that I can prove it since he locked his achievement page on lodestone to at least back up his claims.

-Island Sanctuary while cute has been really shallow in what it actually delivers in terms of content. It's just a lazy boring daily grind when you boil it down.
    Yoshi-P did say the content being escapist, & I love it, just as I love FF11's Mog Garden despite being miniature version of it. And now with current 6.4 update which lets players to use housing furnitures on islands, imagination can go really wild!

-The MSQ bits have all been incredibly short, padded by forcing the patch cycle trials into the MSQ when they were side quests in every other expansion after ARR.
    MSQ content for post x.0 patches so far still consistent & gives interesting stories. Again seriously doubt poster even enjoying this, he probably even skipped CS. And so does sidequests, there's nothing wrong with it.

If poster bored & didn't even cared on other content FF14 has, there's huge loads of game libraries he can feast upon, even Yoshi-P did state that he slowed things down on 6.x so that subscribers can enjoy other products or even have more time with IRL stuff. Heck... he even came to latest PLL while playing Zelda TotK! & that game is huuuge! If I could even multi-task games, I really would! But I'm only human, have very limited stamina, hence another thing I'm being thankful to Yoshi-P to actually listen to my plea to slow things down & ignore dumb post like that still cries lacking content while totally blind on everything else.

One last thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Ever consider other players especially those who just starting FF11 & find buttload of content it has, which he/she probably never finished in their entire life? Or is that opinion is just being selfish? You want to have FF11 to kept forking buttloads of content without consideration that rest of players being too overwhelmed & probably even scaring others to think to even try FF11 in 1st place?
    (0)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 06-15-2023 at 01:51 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    deep dungeon is one of the key things keeping me playing so I can say with confidence they have no idea w hat they're talking about, especially since they can't even get the terminology right

Ever consider other players especially those who just starting FF11 & find buttload of content it has, which he/she probably never finished in their entire life? Or is that opinion is just being selfish? You want to have FF11 to kept forking buttloads of content without consideration that rest of players being too overwhelmed & probably even scaring others to think to even try FF11 in 1st place?
    You're talking to someone who bashes SE's other projects on a regular basis because anything they're working on that isn't FFXI is taking away from or damaging FFXI. As if SE isn't allowed to have more than one project in their portfolio....
    (0)

Player
    The point they are making is that Yoshi P said ff16 would not impact ff14 and ff11 development and it very much did, and will continue to do so after release because they still need to amke the pc port.

A lot of the core people are no longer free to work on the games they were employed to work on because they are working on 16, a lot of the testing teams can't test new content for 11 and 14 because they are busy with 16.

He flat out lied, because he knew 11 and 14 players can be treated poorly and they won't leave. HE also knew that any problems can be offset by adding a new $30 mount to the cash shop.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The point they are making is that Yoshi P said ff16 would not impact ff14 and ff11 development and it very much did,
    It very much didn't, as you see above I refuted most of the points made. Of course it's a fairly old post and the stuff he says we didn't have had since been added.

There has been just as much content in all the Endwalker patches as there has been for every previous expansion, any claim to the contrary is absolute hogwash. As for FFXI, the writing was on the wall before anyone even started talking about FFXVI. You can't take away resources that it never had to begin with.

And from now on, unless you play FFXIV, don't waste your time quoting people from its forums, half of them don't know what they're talking about any more than you do.
    (0)

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast