Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Sorry but I'm gonna go with "they're not as stupid as you don't give them credit for"

I probably could have written something more thoughtful but why bother lol
    Time will tell, but surely it will be some ARPG that shits all over anything FF was about in the past and all the tiktoking crowd will love it or something
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Wait says who? They aren't as smart as you give them credit for. They will probably make another MMO to surpass XIV just like they did with XI, I will get some twisted satisfaction from watching it happen too, sorry to say. Those XIV players hated on XI for the longest time until it was no longer relevant, I never forget!

As me who plays both 11 & 14, (& also 1.0, which makes me also a legacy), I highly disagree, especially added that I also plays all of FF mainline series as well. If you're true FF fans, you CAN'T compare each individual titles since they have their own unique features.

Ppl who hates 11 over 14, or 14 over 11, are either too afraid to try, or just plain ignorantly rude that doesn't even know the "FF" brands. I love both 11 & 14 equally.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    He is going thru his doomer phase and tries to pretend he has some moral high ground now. Even though only a few short months ago he made a thread about people botting in 2023. Oh but its everyone else that needs to let things go lol
    I don't need to pretend anything. Especially when there is no high ground to compete for.

Are all of your posts just some canned contrarianism lately? Then again, it's not like you can be debated with so this is one of the better outcomes from you wiggling those fingers around.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    There was, on xiah, on reddit and in the game.

Keep in mind I am talking about back in the day, not today.
    From day one few people liked 1.0, it set records for how hard it crashed and burned for an MMO. I'm not going to say zero people liked it, but it was wildly unpopular and anyone who actually did do what you say was a super tiny minority making some loud noises.
    (0)

Player
    also to add note as one being part of legacy player here:

It's true that 1.0 was "lacking", but I still believe way back then, if given more time to polish, today might have a different path on how original version goes. Gotta admit, despite all those failures, 1.0 actually had a deep lore, something I found similar to other FF series. For example, as me starting on Gridania, it touches it's own dilemma regarding elemental sickness & how all need to bring things into balance, sadly these were being dumbed down on 2.0 as mere affliction. Or that shady antagonist elezen figure on Limsa part of story, which ends up as being mere mention & slideshow as part on 3.x Alexander alliance raid series.

When 2.0 arrives, while some who never experience 1.0 found it much more fun playability-wise, some of legacies found that some things had to be cut down in order to met the original promise for PS3 port limitations: reduced graphic qualities (aka no "bumps") or how when we zoomed in our gears which shows how detailed the stitching on our garments which became very ugly mess on 2.0 onward, areas that were originally seamless near non-loading into smaller separated zones, contents being cut down without a mention like Hamlet (there's archived 1.0 lodestone news that actually lists achievement lists not carried over to 2.0, with Hamlet not being mentioned there). Even 2.0 itself back then felt too boring with way too much filler unnecessary mini stories, something that majority complained & SE finally caved, thus trimmed alot of those on much later date. Admittedly, the feels when I started playing 1.0 were way more magical than how 2.0 was delivered 1st time, granted that by the time I started 1.0, some of those old obnoxious features like that fatigue system already gone & makes the game much more enjoyable.

In the end, from eye-to-eye comparison, 2.0 just plain boring & didn't have that depth of lore feels found on 1.0 or other FF titles. Heck, majority of 2.0 content contains copy-pasted features found mostly from FF11 libraries with FF13 stuff thrown as part of end-game raid content back then. It was starts to get more interesting post 2.0 stories, leading to its 1st expansion & continues to improve much more leading to what we currently have, & did manage to make the title became award-winning. which should have been for part of mainline FF, despite they still carries borrowed content from other FF series.

Still... it never stops me thinking... what would the story evolves if there was never a Dalamud moon falling, what if 1.0 didn't fail. Every time I brought this topic, some did wonder as well.

When 1.0 did close down for good & waiting for 2.0, finally gave the chance to try FF11, which I should've done decade earlier, but being barred with expensive dial-up net costs compared to decade later when net became much faster with cheaper cost. Sure, by that time, graphic & content-wise felt much inferior, but somehow it does have that unique charms that every mainline FF series does, which is main reason why I also love this, even more than their offline series counterparts. And it's still fun to play all the way currently, hence every time on return home campaign always taking semi-hiatus on FF14 to focus on FF11, only briefly touch FF14 to cap weekly stuff real quick (thanks to hunt tours which easily cap my weekly tomes in under an hour). Personally wish could invest more on FF11, & would if SE would even consider making effort on their payment options like FF14 does, like discounts when subbing per 3 months or half yearly plans or that crysta gametime cards, one which still begs me to wonder as to why SE still kept sticking on just a single monthly plan which is more expensive. There's always tons of stuff to do every time coming back to FF11, just hoping that this game still lives on despite the structural changes.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    From day one few people liked 1.0, it set records for how hard it crashed and burned for an MMO. I'm not going to say zero people liked it, but it was wildly unpopular and anyone who actually did do what you say was a super tiny minority making some loud noises.
    You are correct but that's how our minds work.

A minority of wow players attacked ff14 for many years, which made ff14 players hate wow.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's true that 1.0 was "lacking", but I still believe way back then, if given more time to polish, today might have a different path on how original version goes.
    A large part of the problem was the world was made unnecessairly massive by pure copy and paste, and for how huge the areas were, there was basically nothing in them. The game launched with almost no content whatsoever. And the combat system changed wholesale like 3 times from first alpha (I was among the very first few to enter the world in the first alpha test)to the initial launch. If the game had been given like another year (at least) it probably could have turned out better.

They also teased us a lot by populating huge swaths of the map with enemies dozens of levels above the level cap, and to earn the achievements for revealing the map you actually had to visit teleport locations surrounded by level 90+ mobs at level 50.
    (0)

Player
    He is going thru his doomer phase and tries to pretend he has some moral high ground now.

pathetic
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post

Ppl who hates 11 over 14, or 14 over 11, are either too afraid to try, or just plain ignorantly rude that doesn't even know the "FF" brands. I love both 11 & 14 equally.
    I've played both and stayed with 11, XIV is way to WoW like for my tastes , and I hate maintenance costs on everything, but that's just me.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I maintain a sub to both games, even though i'm not always active in one or the other, I like to be able to come back to it whenever I feel like and not wait for campaigns. They both have things that make them special and fun and they both hold special places in my heart.
    (1)

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast