Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

April 2023 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (7)
    FINALFANTASY XI Producer/Director Yoji Fujito

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Please include rainbow mog pells with any new merchandise you wish to sell. This alone would boost sales even further.
    (3)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Please include rainbow mog pells with any new merchandise you wish to sell. This alone would boost sales even further.
    this, so much this.
    If possible make them quality products too. I'm willing to pay the usual markup for memorabilia but only if it has in-game benefits or if it's actually worth displaying.

On a different note, Please add exemplar point rewards for clearing a master trial. Not a small number either. like 100k minimum, with the hardest ones giving 1M exemplar points for clear.
    If this is a problem then not directly added to the master trials, but instead to a weekly RoE that requires completing said trials for their reward. This adds a gate to completion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Voidstorm; 04-03-2023 at 09:59 PM.

Character
    Nangongwentian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    From the bottom of my heart, i would like to wish the outgoing Producer Matsui all the best. Thanks for leading the 20th Anniversary Celebrations! And special welcome to our New Producer Fujito. May the technology refresh of the FFXI servers can be done in an effective manner to ensure the longevity of the game. Cheers to all~
    (4)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for doing the Digests and talking about the future of this game. A lot of people are scared of it going very negatively and I think this is the only thing you can do to address those concerns with the resources you have available to you. Mentioning that we will still get new content is very important. I think that is what most people are scared of going away permanently.

As a person who ordered a Kracken Club and a Crab, I'm always down to browse good merch. Buying it depends on how good the memories are attached to it.
    (1)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Player
    Thank you Matsui P, I hope you can still be involved in some way with the game if you have time and we appreciate what you did to give us Rhapsodies and VR.

I hope the best for the future of XI, please look after it.
    (3)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Regarding the reassignment of the development team, I feel like there's a lot of negativity from the western side of the playerbase just because it feels like it's being presented with a sense of finality. "Developers are being sent off to work on other things, we wouldn't want them to be stuck working on Final Fantasy XI forever."

Is this part of a plan to refresh the development staff? Send off the current team to learn new skills and technologies that they've missed in the last twenty years, then when the servers and tools for FFXI are updated a little, have them either return to the game or teach a new generation of devs what makes the game tick?

Or is this really it, no more development resources, the game is effectively done being added to?

It would be nice to have a little more clarification regarding, not necessarily the plans for future development, but just the presence or absence of those plans.
    (2)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Regarding merchandise: It's nice to hear that there are plans to expand a bit in this direction. I'm really hoping to see mid-range collectable figures make the cut - something in line with the Trading Arts series. A lot of the Final Fantasy XI player base is, at the point, getting on in life - a bit more money than when the games launched, but more responsibilities too, making it harder to justify something like the premium Shantotto statuette (even if it was a really nice piece.)

I could rattle off a list of things that I, personally, would love to be able to buy; I suspect a lot of other people here could too. Hopefully there will be a chance for fans to offer some feedback (suggestions, requests, or even just "vote for your favorite"), to see what might be a surprise success and what might unexpectedly fall flat.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Frankly I think new merch is the best thing I've heard from these digests in a long time. Will certainly give fair consideration to that.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Matsui-P, thank you for all the hard work you have done for us. FFXI is almost 21 years old now. So many memories. Please forgive me for my alt character’s name. When I picked the name, I honestly didn’t think it as a part of Chrono Trigger. A few months ago, I felt good playing Chrono Trigger once again and finally beat it for the first time after several tries in the past. Too bad, I chose to kill Magus not knowing he would be gone forever. Really a great game. Maybe you need to think about your old friends? (laughs) I appreciate your continued support for FFXI and together we build Vana’diel beautiful again.

I will play the new story, the Voracious Resurgence whenever I feel like to.

Fujito-PD, Congratulations on becoming the producer! Oh, you look very young. What plans you might have for the future of FFXI. (hmm) I feel like living in Wonderland and you show me how deep the rabbit hole goes.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast