Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

I don't find it funny.

April fools stuff = bad timing.

Both the patch notes and the smashed home points.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Grow a sense of humor then.

I had a good chuckle and I'm glad SE has the sense of humor you seem to lack.
    (5)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-01-2023 at 02:02 AM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Such a great use of the limited resources that are constantly lamented.

When you screw up the actual update because you thought it would be cute to do this, don't forget to be extra sorry about it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For a really long time many accused me of being the forum's biggest party pooper dunking on everything. Are the two of you trying to earn that title or something?

This was a joke by the team, it took basically zero resources. Loosen up those subligars, they're clearly too tight on you guys.
    (4)

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    its harmless and kinda cute
    I laughed

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(4)

Player
    >We are removing most of the team from the game to work on something else, you'll get less content updates for the game you've played for 20 years. Also here is an april fools patch notes of lots of pretend updates two days after telling you that you're not getting any more soon"

Hilarity.

>We are moving developers off the project, so we will spend some dev time of the two people left to make changes to the actual game that will be there for exactly one day, thanks for paying our wages to do this"

How about you took that time to do something useful instead?

People have posted hundreds of suggestions of things they would like changed, that don't even take long and it never happens. Yet they have time to make an npc have smoke trails.

I don't mind this kind of stuff under normal circumstances, but was now the correct time for this nonsense?

Can we have the adult back in charge please?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You know, I've played this game just as long as you have. You really need to lighten up. You know what they say, "all good things must eventually come to an end." But things aren't even ending, they're just slowing down. Get a grip, grow a sense of humor, and learn to laugh a little. And revel in the memories along the way.

They have CBU3 at their disposal whenever they need them. Updates are not ending, they're simply trying to ensure that the people who work for them are able to develop their job skills, which they can't really do by only working on a 20 year old game.

Thanks SE, I appriciate that you still have a sense of humor. You used to joke around a lot more, I miss it.
    (2)

Character
    Taheenaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Bah! As someone that oozes sarcasm and dry humor, this April Fools was good! Come on now! I didn't even see the "update" notes, logged in and noticed the Home Point crystals, was about to do a full file check on my game lol.

They totally got me, and it's funny!
    (3)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    April fools stuff = bad timing.

Both the patch notes and the smashed home points.
    I find it hilarious. Especially this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Such a great use of the limited resources that are constantly lamented.

When you screw up the actual update because you thought it would be cute to do this, don't forget to be extra sorry about it.
    Save some of those Qs for the alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Grow a sense of humor then.

I had a good chuckle and I'm glad SE has the sense of humor you seem to lack.
    Lol, we have a better chance at a complete remaster of FFXI with a sub fee reduction, and five expansion packs in two years before they grow one.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 04-01-2023 at 06:45 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I "had" to re-subscribe just to take screenshots and verify the funny so I, for one, certainly found it all funny.

(I have been subscribed since 2005, but this was one of the few months here and/or there where I was not.)

These clearly did not take much time and/or effort to do (like the home points I imagine are basically a dat-swap), though yes, with the same effort and time they could have done a lot of requested things but... I'd imagine they decided not to do those things... yet.

I do agree with the bad timing though, unless it was on purpose (since it was before April 1st but it's a Saturday in places so...).
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 04-01-2023 at 08:22 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast