Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Trust Applying Buffs Prior to Engaging

Would it be possible to add a "trust command" that tells trusts to apply their normal engagement buffs? It's not the biggest issue in the world, but it would be nice to go into battles that open with magic with Shell or not having 1/6th of my healer's MP go to Protectra/Shellra as the opener is going off.

It doesn't need to be complicated and could be as easy as tricking the trusts into thinking that they're in combat when they aren't.
    (4)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'd imagine this goes under the "don't want to replace actual players with them" that I think I remember they've mentioned in the past.

Convenient and nice it would be though, yes.
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tofuwupifuwu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I do think it would be nice to have finer control over Trusts. Leveling a pure support class can get annoying if you still have to pull everything before the Alter Egos "wake up". But I suspect you're right that this goes against the idea of not replacing players.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctooOkay View Post
    I do think it would be nice to have finer control over Trusts. Leveling a pure support class can get annoying if you still have to pull everything before the Alter Egos "wake up". But I suspect you're right that this goes against the idea of not replacing players.
    In party chat:
    Barfira please Mr Yoran?
    (2)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tofuwupifuwu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think you mean: {Yoran-Oran} {Barfira} {Can I have it?}
    (1)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctooOkay View Post
    In 14 there were some 'troops' that you could train that even though they were not nearly as good as Trusts, you could target a mob and say attack! It was very simple. Very basic. But it was a feature I loved lol.
    (0)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    Would it be possible to add a "trust command" that tells trusts to apply their normal engagement buffs? It's not the biggest issue in the world, but it would be nice to go into battles that open with magic with Shell or not having 1/6th of my healer's MP go to Protectra/Shellra as the opener is going off.

It doesn't need to be complicated and could be as easy as tricking the trusts into thinking that they're in combat when they aren't.
    Rather than a command to make them buff, I'd rather one to make them engage as if I already had. So that mages can mage without melee'ing. They buff when they engage anyway and its only a problem if there isn't anything strong enough to not be 1 hit KO'd before they can do anything which means the need for buffs isn't that bad in those areas, most of the time.
    (0)
    Last edited by GlobalVariable; 11-15-2023 at 01:05 PM. Reason: I fail at quoting.

Character
    Tofuwupifuwu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think having more control over your trust's actions would allow for a lot more strategic solo playing options. Sort of like dual-boxing, but without the need to pay for multiple accounts
    (0)
    https://www.twitch.tv/doctorokay

Character
    Bubolino
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Good idea. Trusts should also be able to use healing magic outside of battle.
    (1)