Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Term Filter issue?

Hi,

I have the following in my prohibited.txt

Buy
    Buy?

Except I'm still seeing all the /yells with "Buy?" in them?
    Am I doing something wrong?
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Hi,

I have the following in my prohibited.txt

Buy
    Buy?

Except I'm still seeing all the /yells with "Buy?" in them?
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Are they using the auto translate {Buy?} It might not work with that (Though it should if it doesn't) Or you might have set it up incorrectly. Perhaps you could share your files somew
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Are they using the auto translate {Buy?} It might not work with that (Though it should if it doesn't) Or you might have set it up incorrectly. Perhaps you could share your files somew
    It does appear to be when they use the auto-translate option.

That's all the file is:

Buy
    Buy?

That would cut out 99% of RMT ML/PL and Merc yells (which is what I'm aiming for).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    BTW there is an option to include permutations (and things like inserting punctuation) if you review the update notes. then you dont need several lines for every variation of the same word. That's not the issue here, but its worth noting.

My advice is to use other people's files, it's far more common to use fullwidth, accented and special characters to dodge the built in word filter, and the custom term filter is very good at dealing with these.

The people who say things like "{Job Points} 5m/1200 {Buy?}" are mainly regular people who bot EXP/CP, not specifically RMT. RMT use mispelled words, fullwidth characters, to direct you to the gil buying website. All the RMT i've ever seen dont use the autotranslate at all.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-29-2023 at 02:50 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    BTW there is an option to include permutations (and things like inserting punctuation) if you review the update notes. then you dont need several lines for every variation of the same word. That's not the issue here, but its worth noting.

My advice is to use other people's files, it's far more common to use fullwidth, accented and special characters to dodge the built in word filter, and the custom term filter is very good at dealing with these.

The people who say things like "{Job Points} 5m/1200 {Buy?}" are mainly regular people who bot EXP/CP, not specifically RMT. RMT use mispelled words, fullwidth characters, to direct you to the gil buying website. All the RMT i've ever seen dont use the autotranslate at all.
    Ok, thank you for advice. I assume it will get better within the future updates.
    (0)