Character
    Elliander
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96

How do I view current exp at lvl 99?

So, I got to level 99 and spoke with the Moogle in the gardens who gave me the key item to start earning Job Points. And sure enough I see a "Job Points" menu instead of an exp points menu. The thing is, well, I can no longer see how much exp I have. If I change to merit points I can of course see those, but I can't seem to see how much exp I have.

From what I can gather, I only earn Job points via Capacity Points, and I only earn Capacity Points by defeating enemies that are themselves lvl 96+ meaning that an easy prey will award exp (or merit points), but not capacity points, right? But if I die I could still lose exp and potentially de-level meaning I still need to know what my exp is at, right?

ALSO: Can an exp Ring (i.e. My Decennial Ring) and Capacity Ring be used concurrently? Or does one override the other? Since I can clearly learn Limit Points and Capacity Points at the same time I hope the effects stack.
    (0)
    Immortal until proven otherwise.

Character
    Elliander
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Not sure why, but the exp box randomly came back on it's own after I earned a Merit Point. So I guess I can see the exp bar again.
    (0)
    Immortal until proven otherwise.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Can an exp Ring (i.e. My Decennial Ring) and Capacity Ring be used concurrently?
    No. They both give the same status effect.

You probably just mis clicked on something or other- the EXP window doesn't change until you reach master level status. Once you earn and spend all 1200 job points and unlock master levels at the limit break moogle, the EXP window on the status screen is replaced with the Exemplar Points window indicating master level progress instead, as master levels are an extension of the core progression system and you can not gain or lose EXP/limit points once you reach and unlock master levels. Once unlocked, the status display will change from showing Level 99 and EXP to the next level, to Master Level 0 and showing Exemplar points to reach Master Level 1. Exemplar Points replace Experience Points and for all intents and purposes they are the same, except that Exemplar Point gain is calculated differently and can not be boosted currently by any effects other than Corsair's roll.

Master levels are like normal ones in many ways, your HP/MP, stats, and skill caps increase every time you MLevel Up and it plays the same level up sound and animation. The only real differences are you don't learn any new spells or abilities based on master level status, and each master level contributes 1/5th as much to the subjob level limit instead of 1/2 (Put another way, you gain 1 maximum level to your subjob for every 5 master levels). When you reach the maximum Master Level of 50, your sub job level limit will be 59 instead of 49.

on stats more specifically- each master level grants
    +7 max HP (you and pets)

+2 max MP (you and pets)

+1 to STR DEX VIT INT AGI CHR
    +1 to all combat and magic skill caps natural to your current job
    PUP automatons gain +1 to all of their combat skill caps

When you gain master level status, the Master Levels button on the status menu will activate, letting you see your master level pogress just like regular level progress (but it will only list jobs you have reached master levels on)
    The status screen will look like this
    (1)