Character
    Elliander
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96

Any way to complete Windy Missions after sorting inventory?

Does anyone know of any way to complete the last Windurst mission if your inventory was full after the final cut scene?

My rank went to 10 then down to 9. Some NPCs treat me like I am rank 10 while others treat me like I am rank 9. I went to every area involved in the 9-2 mission again, spoke to every NPC I could, etc. I was able to do some things I should only be able to do while rank 10, but other things - like buying the Federation Aketon - is something I can't do until I figure this out.

Is there some magic trick to it? Some special NPC somewhere who will give me the item I couldn't get and marked the mission as completed? Any way to either cancel the mission and start it over even?
    (0)
    Immortal until proven otherwise.

Character
    Elliander
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    OK, I eventually figured it out. Outside of each mission area is an unmarked spot that can be targeted. Interacting with the one outside of Heaven's Tower allowed me to get the Windusrtian Flag, 100k gil, and - more importantly - returned me to rank 10.

For anyone looking up a similar issue in the future look for a weird sparkling spot on the ground.
    (0)
    Immortal until proven otherwise.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I established this in the "bug" thread, but this is well documented on the wiki pages for the mission (and as a side note, the dialog for various NPCs changes after completing the final battle. This happens before the cutscene in question)

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Moon_Reading

returned me to rank 10.
    You never lost rank 10. You didn't recieve it until collecting the reward, again as I said in the other thread. Your rank as shown in your profile does not change to 10 until you receive the rewards, regardless of wh at the rank 10 image appearing in the cutscene might suggest to you.

(You can rewatch any of the three nations' final cutscenes and see the rank 10 popup, does that mean I got rank 10 again? No)

I apologize for the appearance of any snark, but you need to remember. This game and more importantly, these missions, have been around for a VERY long time. If this was a bug it would have been discovered a LONG time ago, as people have full inventories all the time. The game accounts for these situations. There are cases in the past where having a full inventory caused an issue, but these have always been fixed in short order.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-26-2023 at 12:22 PM.