Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Fujito needs to state if we are still getting the endgame at the end of VR, literally days after the announcement all the people have been moved it seems.

This was a sudden action, are we still getting more missions and that endgame?
    Fujito doesn't need to state anything. You can wait and see or you can unsub and see, it doesn't matter which.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They never said content was stopping. THey're just going to be leaning more heavily on CBU3, using staff only as needed, for the benefit of the people who have only been working on this game for a long time. For such people, their experience working on decades old tech doesnt translate well to other things.

Personally, I'm largely in the same boat. I've been involved with an unreal engine 3 game for almost as long and now unreal engine 5 is coming out, and I've barely even used 4.
    (1)

Player
    just a reminder that the april fools joke replacing racin' raminel and shattered homepoints originally appeared under matsui during the 15-17th anniversarys. sorry for vagueness, i don't recall the exact patch.
    (1)

Player

(0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-18-2023 at 10:59 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They never said content was stopping. THey're just going to be leaning more heavily on CBU3, using staff only as needed, for the benefit of the people who have only been working on this game for a long time. For such people, their experience working on decades old tech doesnt translate well to other things.

Personally, I'm largely in the same boat. I've been involved with an unreal engine 3 game for almost as long and now unreal engine 5 is coming out, and I've barely even used 4.
    I know the feeling. I've been doing software development professionally for 7 years, and a lot of that was in the antiquated Struts 1.3 framework, and core Java. I've done some Angular but I barely understand it and mostly just copy and modify existing code. I'd love to get experience in more modern frameworks but my career has not offered that opportunity yet.

I can see how someone not in the software development sphere would not understand why some of these developers want to move off Final Fantasy 11.
    (0)

6. 04-19-2023 08:03 AM
    Reason
    Wrong thread

Player
    I can see how someone not in the software development sphere would not understand why some of these developers want to move off Final Fantasy 11.
    They don't.

We already know what happened, cause they have said it. One of the dev kits broke during VR and they had to try use some other ones to get it done.

This lead to them having to re-evaluate and matsui decided to leave 2 years before retirement (but unofficially keep working on the game in some fashion) and Fujito to take over, it's him that is forcing them to work on other stuff and not their own desires.

Matsui actively recruited people who wanted to work on 11, many of them are ff11 players who came on board purely for that.

To be clear, these people are not coders where they need to learn to use some new engine. They are all designers, they design content.

Moving to other teams to make zoomer tripe is going to be absolutely disgusting for them, I would quit in their place and go work on a farm or something worthwhile rather than make zoomer trash.
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 04-19-2023 at 08:28 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They don't.
    Oh really, so you've conducted interviews with the people in question and they specifically told you personally that they don't?

We already know what happened, cause they have said it. One of the dev kits broke during VR and they had to try use some other ones to get it done.
    Weren't you arguing earlier that they don't need the dev kits? Why are you now suggesting that this excuse is in fact valid after previously disputing it?

This lead to them having to re-evaluate and matsui decided to leave 2 years before retirement (but unofficially keep working on the game in some fashion) and Fujito to take over, it's him that is forcing them to work on other stuff and not their own desires.
    When he retires is when he retires, he didn't decide to leave, he retired.

Matsui actively recruited people who wanted to work on 11, many of them are ff11 players who came on board purely for that.
    [citatiion needed] Not that I think anyone would join a project they didn't want to be on, but sometimes things you loved when you started you fall out of love with. And over a period of several years, in many cases they probably didn't love how working on FFXI might be limiting their future career prospects.

Moving to other teams to make zoomer tripe is going to be absolutely disgusting for them, I would quit in their place and go work on a farm or something worthwhile rather than make zoomer trash.
    This kind of offensive rubbish is why no one is going to take you seriously. If you don't like something that's fine but different strokes for different folks. Most of the people you call zoomers would probably call stuff from our generation "boomer trash." Generational gaps and all. It's time to stop being so dang toxic.

To be clear, these people are not coders where they need to learn to use some new engine. They are all designers, they design content.
    You clearly know nothing about how these things work. Designers are the MOST affected by moving between different game engines. Coders are the people with the power to change those engines. They don't work with engines, they make them.

I am a level designer. Moving from UE3 to UE4/5 is like moving to a different country where no one understands your language. Things are vastly different and only symbols and signs that are universal translate over. I am a wizard with Unreal 3's Kismet gameplay scripting, and I can't do much of anything well with Blueprint, the system designed to replace Kismet. They share a few design elements but are otherwise totally different and it is not a simple task to take something you made with one and make it work in the other.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-19-2023 at 10:13 AM.

Player
    Your post just made me realize something obvious.

They are moving all our developers we pay for onto ff14, making us pay the same overpriced subscription for ff11 and giving us zero content from here on out. So we are paying their wages to work on ff14.

Ok I'm done.

I think I agree with Spicy now, it's time to invest in something different but the same.

o/
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They are moving all our developers we pay for onto ff14, making us pay the same overpriced subscription for ff11 and giving us zero content from here on out.
    Good. I'm glad you've finally decided to stop wasting money on something you don't like. See you around Or not....
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Your post just made me realize something obvious.

They are moving all our developers we pay for onto ff14, making us pay the same overpriced subscription for ff11 and giving us zero content from here on out. So we are paying their wages to work on ff14.

Ok I'm done.

I think I agree with Spicy now, it's time to invest in something different but the same.

o/
    Look, you need to understand that this game is a business for a company. It is not your personal identity and greatest of untapped monetary value for both parties due to your personal attachment. So the whole conspiracy of moving us to something else. Whether true or not, is irrelevant.

If you have fun then play. Otherwise move on to something that makes you happier. These sort of posts are nonsensical whining.
    (1)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast