Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I would bet Matsui does not want to leave the project, my guess is inflation (and a recent loss in subs due to certain things we can't mention here) has taken such a bite into the profit margins that he decided to step down to lower costs to keep the game running. In his position that's what I would do.

My original reaction was they should lower the sub fee if we are going to get less content, however since a lack of profits is already leading to this situation we face now. An even lower sub (just to please principle) would make it even less profitable and potentially lead to the game being shut down.
    Why is it in a thread about Matsui's retirement with direct comment from Fujito about responding to questions and things from the community. That you have to sit here aimlessly loading up such a place with worthless speculation and other posts? Ask something pertinent or wish Matsui well. Otherwise knock it off and go post in a different thread.

There is no justification for a lower sub fee. Just stop being obnoxious and entitled. If you don't feel your subscription gets you enough then you cancel and go on with life. There is no bargaining, asserting meaningless "principle", or asking. Accept it or move on.
    (0)

Character
    Horovivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Upset Subscriber

First off I want to say as a long time player, since N/A release, Thank you Matsui for all you have done for this game, we love you. With that being said I’am extremely disappointed with this new letter about the future direction of the game. All along in VR I was under the assumption that we would be getting a new area, Valhalla. Now all we are going to get is some Master Trial? Thousands of people still love this game, why people are playing on private servers. Not listening to faithful customers is not wise. I’am reading articles all over the internet and the reaction is not positive. I’ll continue with my sub till VR ends but if you go in this direction I will have to reevaluate how I feel about SE as a company and purchasing products in the future.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    There is no justification for a lower sub fee. Just stop being obnoxious and entitled. If you don't feel your subscription gets you enough then you cancel and go on with life. There is no bargaining, asserting meaningless "principle", or asking. Accept it or move on.
    learn to read
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Semco View Post
    First off I want to say as a long time player, since N/A release, Thank you Matsui for all you have done for this game, we love you. With that being said I’am extremely disappointed with this new letter about the future direction of the game. All along in VR I was under the assumption that we would be getting a new area, Valhalla. Now all we are going to get is some Master Trial? Thousands of people still love this game, why people are playing on private servers. Not listening to faithful customers is not wise. I’am reading articles all over the internet and the reaction is not positive. I’ll continue with my sub till VR ends but if you go in this direction I will have to reevaluate how I feel about SE as a company and purchasing products in the future.
    I believe what they were talking of was beyond that, we are still getting the new areas at the end of VR. That stuff was made long ago no doubt and it's been in testing for the past 5-6 months.
    (0)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Well, since we are talking about other stuff.....lol.

XI been my MMO of choice since 2004. Tried to get into XIV for around 8 years now, couldn't do it. If you have to try to love something for nearly a decade because of the IP, maybe you don't love it lol?

Wish Matsui the best. The best FF producer imo, to help keep the game going this long with scraps. Hopefully XI stays up for a while. Pretty much this or Race Wars (Elder scrolls Online). I play other offline stuff, but XI is pretty much my online go to title. GW2 is solid, but trying to turn a 80s baby into a mouse & keyboard guy..... Give my my gamepads/joy sticks.

Hopefully XI stays going at least ES6, but we gotta get Starfield out the way 1st. Starfield is like the girl that is in the way of the girl you really want.

All speculation though, so I digress with the doom & gloom....
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    learn to read
    If only that were the issue.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wait, the guy who is so adamantly against offering a combo discount wants a lower sub fee now? What? The same guy who constantly used "lowering the sub fee will bring in less money" as an argument?

My life is complete.

Unless it's a discount as part of ANY sort of promotion, there is no justification. $12.95 is considerably less money now than it was 20 years ago, so the sub fee is already lower.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Wait, the guy who is so adamantly against offering a combo discount wants a lower sub fee now? What? The same guy who constantly used "lowering the sub fee will bring in less money" as an argument?

My life is complete.

Unless it's a discount as part of ANY sort of promotion, there is no justification. $12.95 is considerably less money now than it was 20 years ago, so the sub fee is already lower.
    What I said was my initial reaction to getting less content is to get a reduced sub, however doing so would reduce revenue even more and potentially lead to a shut down of the entire game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 03-29-2023 at 04:20 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What I said was my initial reaction to getting less content is to get a reduced sub, however doing so would reduce revenue even more and potentially lead to a shut down of the entire game.
    They're spending money to replace the servers, they clearly intend to preserve history here.

Which is more than can be said for Nintendo shutting down the WiiU/3DS eShops.
    (1)

Player
    Fujito needs to state if we are still getting the endgame at the end of VR, literally days after the announcement all the people have been moved it seems.

This was a sudden action, are we still getting more missions and that endgame?
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 03-29-2023 at 07:12 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast