Last edited by Sesshmaru; 03-21-2023 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Delete

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    what now?

I suppose you could use them all up with lockstyle vanity sets, but.... yeah.

Looking at my primary jobs of SMN and PUP, their set usage is fairly similar, but ill put down what I use for SMN:
    base set (for lockstyle)
    Idle set (perp/refresh gear)
    BP delay set
    BP damage set (could get more involved with this, but it wouldn't change a whole lot)
    TP set for Gate of Tartarus, really the only one I care enough about optimizing to do so, so in actuality I just use it for all staff WS. I have no reason to make sets for other weapons as any other job can do them better.
    That's five main sets, and while I could certainly create more for odd situations / lesser used WS/abilities, I just really don't have a lot of reason to. A lot of these special situations I have covered with macros that change one or two items. Some jobs definitely need more, but if I had just 5 for every job, that still leaves 90 free equip sets to play with to cover more situations, or vanity sets.

Excluding a copious number of vanity sets, I don't think even someone playing all 22 jobs to a moderate level of proficiency needs 200 gear sets. When you include the complete set of macrobooks, which for some jobs and some people can adequately cover a chunk of your gear changing needs, that pares things down more. I think you've forgotten that you can use /equip macros when you only need to swap a few things. Most of us do not play every single job to a serious level.

I accept that a few of the most hardcore players might need more but I expect that most such players have already found other solutions, which can't be named here.
    (0)

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I have all jobs mastered and fully geared and I only use 150. What I need is not more equipments; but more wardrobes. I have 1 wardrobe full of just ambu capes.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Oh yeah, i forgot the obligatory "this is website suggestions, not game suggestions."

The latter belongs either in general discussion or in one of the job or content subcategories.

I have 1 wardrobe full of just ambu capes.
    80+ capes for 22 jobs? I have three- one for the three jobs I play more than once in a while- SMN, PUP and GEO.

I mean I know you can have different augments on them and such, but... I can hardly imagine having that many.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-20-2023 at 08:19 AM.

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Tp and weaponskill capes for every job. Then fast cast/magic acc for jobs that cast and then pet acc or pet magic acc for bst/smn/pup.
    (0)

6. 03-20-2023 06:11 PM

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Oh yeah, i forgot the obligatory "this is website suggestions, not game suggestions."

The latter belongs either in general discussion or in one of the job or content subcategories.

80+ capes for 22 jobs? I have three- one for the three jobs I play more than once in a while- SMN, PUP and GEO.

I mean I know you can have different augments on them and such, but... I can hardly imagine having that many.
    SMN and GEO are terrible examples though. You could, if you really wanted to optimize, be using one for TP, one for physical blood pacts, one for magic blood pacts, and one for weaponskills on summoner, but only two of those matter and the difference is such that they don't matter much. Geomancer could be using one for enfeebling and one for elemental magic, and again maybe one for TP and one for weaponskills if you really want to tune things.

But jobs that really want to fine tune and optimize? Corsair wants one for magic weaponskills, one for str weaponskills, one for agi weaponskills, one for ranged TP (stp), one for melee TP (da), one for magic accuracy on quick draw, and then maybe a second melee TP (dw) and a magic attack piece without weaponskill damage for damaging quick draw. Corsairs need more capes than a bullfighting ring if they want to be their best selves.

Other jobs have similar situations. TP cape, str weaponskill cape, crit weaponskill cape, maybe agi weaponskill cape, maybe magic damage and/or magic weaponskill cape, sometimes alternate TP cape; if you're not carrying at least four for a non-mage job, you're not going very hard at that job.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    difference is such that they don't matter much.
    I'm quickly discovering that at least a few people out there consider the game "unplayable" without these trivial differences....
    (0)