Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Exemplar+ Ring for soloers?

Is it possible to produce a ring that boosts exemplar points for those that wish to solo?
    (3)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Nope. The only way to increase EP gain right now if you're solo is to use Qultada. Use an EXP or CP ring and he will use Corsair's roll, which does increase EP gain. But once the Dedication effect wears off, he will overwrite it, so you can't get too much out of it.

And I know you're asking them to make one, but there's really no way to make it so it benefits solo or traditional parties more than the current main tactic of cleaving entire roomfuls of mobs at once.

Which I really, really dislike. But they made the grind so long that no one is willing to do it the old fashioned way because it takes way too long.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Nope. The only way to increase EP gain right now if you're solo is to use Qultada. Use an EXP or CP ring and he will use Corsair's roll, which does increase EP gain.
    It does. However, during events like now (EXP/CP). Rings don't not last very long, so you lose the benefit quickly.

I'm sure there is something that can be done with the mechanics of solo within a party (?).

Other than that, it would be a nice addition to something like Monster Rearing where at the moment we have the likes of Trust, CP/EXP boosts from it.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Soloers should not only specifically not get exemplar bonuses, but infact penalties. Play with humans. Multiplayer.

Take away all exemplar points if not in a party of 6. And only 6.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 03-18-2023 at 10:48 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This issue is largely borne of player mentality of doing grinds in the most efficient way possible. Cleaving huge swaths of monsters is way easier than it was back in the day when everyone was afraid to even use AOEs at all., so that's what people do, and it pretty much just sucks to be a solo player. Kinda why I haven't been very active in game recently. I've reached a point where the next master levels take so long I Just can't be arsed to do it since no one is willing to party unless it's a cleave.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Soloers should not only specifically not get exemplar bonuses, but infact penalties. Play with humans. Multiplayer.

You're missing the point. It's the lack of "Humans" that is the problem, as reflected in your daily posts.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post

So what you're saying is everyone should rely on the cleave botters that you spend all day every day reporting? Because that's what "multiplayer" grinding is in the game right now- explicitly according to -you-.

Funny enough, the people playing solo are trying to avoid dealing with the very thing you've made a career complaining about.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Funny enough, the people playing solo are trying to avoid dealing with the very thing you've made a career complaining about.
    That's why I put a request in for a solo-based exemplar ring
    (1)