Player

A much needed change to Auto Target

Auto target needs to be updated for trusts.

When you fight two or more monsters you will automatically target the next monster if it has aggro on you or anyone in your party.

If the monsters have aggro on your trusts, auto target does not work. This is even more of a problem with Valaineral having AoE aggro abilities now.

For leveling this isn't a big problem. However in endgame content with multiple enemies, losing battle status means all trusts effectively turn off. This means Valaineral can be killed in seconds because auto target does not function and if you have a high delay weapon this is even worse, because the delay to re-engage is longer and you sit there hammering enter to try engage the next monster while your trust tank is getting killed.

This is a really big problem for players using trusts for endgame content, please update auto target to assign trusts as being on the aggro list for Auto target.
    (4)
    Last edited by Pixela; 03-09-2023 at 11:35 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If the monsters have aggro on your trusts, auto target does not work.
    That's not how it works, auto target only works on a mob that's claimed and red/purple to you, which means someone has to have done something to it directly. If you hit multiple mobs with an AoE only one of them gets claimed and thus you won't auto target it. This is true of players as well, not just trusts.

Go fight multiple mobs solo. You will never auto target because only your current target is claimed to you.
    (0)

Player
    If a bard in your party casts aoe sleep on mobs you will auto target all of them, if valaineral uses his aoe ability you'll disengage and reengage every time.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Indeed, been meaning to post about this as well!

The '/autotarget' command toggles this, and when enabled, the character will automatically target any enemy within the field of vision of the character that is either attacking said character, or a party member did something to them, regardless of claim.

This does not work with alter egos though, which is indeed very detrimental.
    (4)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It never seems to work that way for me. IDK.

i agree however, that there s houldn't be any difference between how it works with alter egos vs with anyone else.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Auto target (and F8 targeting) need an overhaul in general. If I remember right, it was brought up in the AMA but it got a non-committal "we'd like to change that but it would be difficult" sort of answer. I couldn't tell you how many weaponskills I've lost because the autotarget logic seems to favor the furthest target away from you...
    (2)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    [...] the autotarget logic seems to favor the furthest target away from you...
    I don't remember having that happen to me like... ever, but in recent times I've had it happen a few times at least... so I wonder if something changed.

If people remember it being a thing since a long time, I guess I've just been lucky in that regard. A lot.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Autotarget selects enemy by job, if you gather a group of warriors and a blm, everytime you kill a warrior autotarget will go back to the blm.

That's all they need to do is change priority from ranged attackers to melees first. Simple fix they'll never care enough to do.
    (0)