Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Why are we not being told about visual alterations being done to FFXI zones?

I know of quite a few changes being made to the textures of the zones of the game, it seems to be happening slowly over time from zone to zone. It was brought to light with the crash issues that came along with some changes to San d'Oria zones a couple of months back.

I don't think anyone would have a problem with this being done (even though it makes little sense at this point) but why can't you just tell us about it?

We have played this game for 20 years, we love it as much as the developers do.

Can you tell us when you do this stuff? like below

"visual changes made to San d'Oria zones"

Some examples of things being changed are covers of books (to remove the text FFXI), logos on potions in shops and signs (among others, not going to list them all) but it's the secretive way it's being done that is a problem.

Example below:

You removed the "No Entry" text for example. So why is the sign there at all now?

You took something that made sense into something that doesn't...

(4)
    Last edited by Pixela; 03-09-2023 at 11:20 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Because no one needs to be told? It has happened all the time over the years, I've not played a game that lists all these tiny changes unless they're actually significant, like changing something because it's racist or something like that. It's not important, I don't need to be notified of changes like this and neitehr does anyone else. Ultimately they note what they want to note in patch notes and they don't have any obligation to even have them at all.

There's nothing "secretive" about it. Come back when they actually change something significant.

As far as the sign, well, the doors are still bound by the sign so it doesn't really matter what it says on it. it's obvious you can't go in the door.Probably they changed it becuase the pixelated text looks bad,.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-10-2023 at 10:11 AM.

Player
    A lot of alterations were made all at once to specific zones, in this case numerous changes to all sandy and all the side rooms there.

One patch making alterations to all sandy zones is a big enough to warrant being told it's happening.
    (2)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Oh this is so weird, I agree we should be told so its documented.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's a conspiracy to improve the game.
    (1)

Character
    Chillo
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ... who cares? That's what your choosing to do with your time? Analyze textures after monthly updates and then complaining that there's no reason for it when you don't know why they did it in the first place? It could have been for optimization; it's possible that it was a memory issue that was creating bugs elsewhere; there could have been compatibility issues with that specific texture file. There are always reasons for these changes, even if you don't know what they are.

I get that no one really takes you seriously in these forums, Pixela, but come on. Even if they told us they were doing it, what would you do with that information? This is so nitpicky. There are so many other things you could be doing with your life lol
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
    ... who cares? That's what your choosing to do with your time? Analyze textures after monthly updates and then complaining that there's no reason for it when you don't know why they did it in the first place? It could have been for optimization; it's possible that it was a memory issue that was creating bugs elsewhere; there could have been compatibility issues with that specific texture file. There are always reasons for these changes, even if you don't know what they are.

I get that no one really takes you seriously in these forums, Pixela, but come on. Even if they told us they were doing it, what would you do with that information? This is so nitpicky. There are so many other things you could be doing with your life lol
    are you ok?
    (2)

Character
    Chillo
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    are you ok?
    I'm great! I just found out that some textures were removed in San d'Oria, and I didn't miss a beat. Thanks for asking! How about yourself?
    (1)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    It's a conspiracy to improve the game.
    No, no, I just can't believe it, there's not enough tin foil in the world for me buy that conspiracy theory.

I tell you, it's all a sinister plot. First they change the books, then a few signs here and there, soon it's decorations, and before you know it, they're enacting their eeeevil endgame to remove the pinups from the Norg crew quarters!
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    My first thought on removing 'FFXI' from book covers was the manga book I have somewhere still, titled Last Fantasy (where 'Last' is kind of splattered over something that is clearly 'Final')...

Mayhap they going to sell FFXI away (and English is not allowed to be shown there)!?

In any case, I do think it is unfortunate that fun little details like that are being erased for no reason (that we know of).

Seems weird, and makes me wonder if it's even intentional (though I'm not sure how they could do such things accidentally).
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 03-11-2023 at 11:35 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast