Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    It's fairly obvious most of it is being done purely because things were allowed through 20 years ago that are a bit "cringe" today, especially to someone with high regard for the project. A book with FFXI written on it is obviously silly, but it didn't really matter at the time because nobody making the game 20 years ago throught it would still be around past 5 years anyway.

Some zones are also being recreated, as in the dat files are being completely remade with all the base components. This isn't just changing textures.

The texture changes are a little annoying but not a huge deal, the only real problem is not being told this is going on.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It's fairly obvious most of it is being done purely because things were allowed through 20 years ago that are a bit "cringe" today, especially to someone with high regard for the project. A book with FFXI written on it is obviously silly, but it didn't really matter at the time because nobody making the game 20 years ago throught it would still be around past 5 years anyway.

Some zones are also being recreated, as in the dat files are being completely remade with all the base components. This isn't just changing textures.

The texture changes are a little annoying but not a huge deal, the only real problem is not being told this is going on.
    I don't think there's anything "cringe" or inappropriate about a "no entry" sign. Given the apparent changes I can see no reason that these things would be getting changed for political correctness.
    (1)

Player
    It's not lore accurate.

A book with FFXi on it makes no sense in the world and English isn't the written language in vana'diel.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    you understand that doesn't refute my statement right?

You aren't wrong, though, it is possible, but it seems like they would have done something like that years and years ago.
    (0)

Player
    I meant cringe as in silly or out of place, not for pc reasons.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    FFXIV has signs that say "no entry" but they're simply done using the eorzea script. You can still read it as saying no entry though.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    No, no, I just can't believe it, there's not enough tin foil in the world for me buy that conspiracy theory.

I tell you, it's all a sinister plot. First they change the books, then a few signs here and there, soon it's decorations, and before you know it, they're enacting their eeeevil endgame to remove the pinups from the Norg crew quarters!
    HOW COULD THEY NOT TELL US?! THIS BETRAYAL IS UNPARALLELED!
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2