World: Shiva
    Main Job: Puppetmaster
    Support Job: Dragoon
    Area and Coordinates: Woh Gates or Any
    Party or Solo: Solo and party with 3 members
    NPC Name: None
    Monster Name: Apex Toad or Any
    Steps:
    1. According to "Freshly Picked Vana'diel #53", the "Dragon Blow" weapon skill was said to be just like "Howling Fist", but with the Distortion property and its power increased. As a result, I chose the "Dragon Fangs" as my reward for winning Rank 1 in the Mog Bonanza.
    2. However, upon testing "Dragon Blow" on various monsters, primarily Apex Toads, its damage underperformed very noticeably compared to "Howling Fist".
    3. With further testing, I realized that the damage adjustment of "Dragon Blow" only applies to the first hit of the weapon skill.
    4. This continues to be the case despite tests under various different circumstances, such as wearing different equipment or while using powerful beneficial status effects like bard songs and Phantom Roll.
    4. This is unlike almost every other hand-to-hand weapon skill and severely limits the overall "Dragon Blow" damage potential, making it a worse choice than even "Howling Fist" while using the Dragon Fangs, despite the claims in "Freshly Picked Vana'diel #53".
    5. Since this is a very special and unique weapon skill tied to an extremely rare weapon only available through Mog Bonanza, I would like to request an investigation whether this weapon skill is performing as intended or if the damage adjustment is incorrectly applied.
    (2)
    Last edited by Makkow; 03-07-2023 at 08:36 AM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It's not a bug. They just literally didn't make it a better WS.

This be like submitting a staff WS and saying the fTP is too low as a bug.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's working as intended. You really shouldn't base your selection on how you think something is going to perform, you should ask around and do research first, which should be a standard practice with how cryptic of a game FFXI is. I certainly didn't build a Claustrum because I thought it would turn me into a superhero (though Gate of Tartarus is pretty much the best staff WS in a vacuum). It really wouldn't be fair if the best WS in the game was gated behind the mog bonanza anyway, that would be a major game balance no-no.

As far as the actual WS mechanics, many, many things in the game only apply to the first hit of a weapon skill. This really isn't that unusual.

It's not a bug. They just literally didn't make it a better WS.

This be like submitting a staff WS and saying the fTP is too low as a bug.
    Frankly I wish WHM not having Banish IV when Light Spirit has it was a bug. I still don't even understand this, Banish IV (and banishga III) has been in the game forever, long before the level cap increases. considering how low WHM's damage is under normal circumstances I really don't see how giving it that/those spell(s) would alter game balance in any way, especially considering the additional effect of negating undead mob's damage type resistances doesn't change with spell tier (correct me if I'm mistaken).
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-07-2023 at 11:01 AM.