Thread: Monberaux Trust

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Lets be real, Monbeaux is kinda crap, his aoe protect/shell sucks and his heals suck. Ygnas or the unity healers are leagues better than him, I don't think anyone even wastes a slot on him anymore hes just not good.
    I rather use that spot on Monberaux instead of Ygnax most of the time, which is whenever I don't need the bigger heals too often enough (or if several party members are going to need a bunch of heals quick-like).

The fact that he can't be silenced is pretty neat, as is the endless pool of MP (so to speak), as well as the ability to give more of that to others... not to mention the area-like status effect removal abilities. Sometimes, like when soloing something like Ghatjot as a samurai, I'll take them both out to make things a lot more safe.

Then of course there is the Guard ability, which is a bit silly and funny but in certain cases, a little bit useful too!

At first I was not too impressed myself, but I imagine he is the most used alter ego for me since a long time ago now.

As for the "Monberaux tax", I guess they could have opted for different amounts for different levels of characters instead. Would that be more fun?

Perhaps they just wanted to have a kind of a realness to it, where the more wealthy can donate more, and didn't opt for a static amount. Yeah, it kind of becomes silly when you can just store the current gil away and only pay 10k anyblue.

Mayhap they should consider the box in Mog Gardens as well! ^^;

(Please don't.)

I wonder if it would be nice to have something like, the more you pay, the longer you don't need to pay again. Say, maybe 100k would do for a month or something like that.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Ygnas is the best, but he is super hard to acquire. I still don't know exactly how I got my Golden Shovel Cordon. I've always thought of Monberaux as the runner up if you can't summon Ygnas.

Also, I'm wondering why medical doctors exist in a world full of healing magic. But that's a whole different topic.
    Complete Aldoulin. Do all the quest and content which includes coalitions.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Ygnas is the best, but he is super hard to acquire. I still don't know exactly how I got my Golden Shovel Cordon. I've always thought of Monberaux as the runner up if you can't summon Ygnas.

Also, I'm wondering why medical doctors exist in a world full of healing magic. But that's a whole different topic.
    He is not hard to acquire. He is a great example of rewarding players with something worthwhile from content they otherwise ignore. There should be more requirements for things people want. Seeing players sitting at the lowest mission requirements across the board is a failure on the Devs part.
    There is nothing hard about doing missions or quests.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    He is not hard to acquire. He is a great example of rewarding players with something worthwhile from content they otherwise ignore. There should be more requirements for things people want. Seeing players sitting at the lowest mission requirements across the board is a failure on the Devs part.
    There is nothing hard about doing missions or quests.
    Well I honestly think they should look at the reasons beyond simply rewards why some content is less played than others. If people ignore the content in spite of the reward, that tells me that content is particularly flawed/tedious/boring.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well I honestly think they should look at the reasons beyond simply rewards why some content is less played than others. If people ignore the content in spite of the reward, that tells me that content is particularly flawed/tedious/boring.
    I really don't care. It's behind the content. Do it for the reward or not. Almost nothing in the game has any sort of exclusivity from doing things. They don't even require getting above rank 6 after 20 years. So forget these people and how they feel about it.

There should be more trivial things like this that people feel left out on if they don't do it.

"Adoulin quests are too tedious."

"I don't want to do coalitions and they take time."

"30k Alexandrites?!"

Accept that you don't get it if you don't do it, or otherwise get lost with the whining.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 03-06-2023 at 11:55 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There should be more trivial things like this that people feel left out on if they don't do it.
    I think it's better that people would want to do it to begin with, rather than purely because they'll feel left out.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think it's better that people would want to do it to begin with, rather than purely because they'll feel left out.
    People skip everything and anything unless they feel they must do something or simply cant do it. So it's not as simple as "make it fun." Nor is it universal. What is, is making certain things exclusionary.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So it's not as simple as "make it fun."
    I mean, it kind of is. if we're not deriving any enjoyment out of it, then that should be the priority, not just dropping a prize at the end to get people to do something that's trash otherwise. Rewards are important, but they're not an excuse to have content remain in a crap state.
    (1)

Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I can get 100k gil from just spitting on enemies. What you are asking is just beyond pointless. 4 sparks shields, 3-5 unity nm trophies. So many easy ways to make that gil without taking part in cutting edge endgame content
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It boils down to people want it and they want it now. It's all part of the self-entitled culture that exists in the modern world today.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast