Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    I don't have anything constructive to add, but I am getting deja vu. I remember long ago before they added the ability to save and load client data (map markers, macros etc.,) we had to copy some files and make our own backups.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    I don't have anything constructive to add, but I am getting deja vu. I remember long ago before they added the ability to save and load client data (map markers, macros etc.,) we had to copy some files and make our own backups.
    The backup feature existed a lot longer than most people think. for years though, it was hidden behind a secret key combination rather than there being a menu on the character select screen accessible with +.

I do remember copying files before that, but an obviously incomplete examination by me determined that you couldn't simply distribute those files to other people and have them work. But it turns out that is possible.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The backup feature existed a lot longer than most people think. for years though, it was hidden behind a secret key combination rather than there being a menu on the character select screen accessible with +.

I do remember copying files before that, but an obviously incomplete examination by me determined that you couldn't simply distribute those files to other people and have them work. But it turns out that is possible.
    I know of this "secret" you speak of, I remember when I first found it.. made bouncing between pc's an ps2's alot easier. As before I would have to re-write ALL of the macros over an over an over again >.>!

Part of the idea behind this thread is to spare friends the pain of having to ever write them.. an hey.. if we got some pro's to help here.. they could share their stuff with the rest of us an we could finally head towards getting them to new people an speed up things for them too.

So many nice possibilities.. but for now.. we resolve what the files "are" and "are not".. an ya know.. if SE is paying any attention to this.. their help would be nice too.. but as some others have suggested.. their budget determines how much they even "care" in the first place an by reaching this point it seems they don't care at all.

Yes I am trying to provoke them, I want them to be involved here.. they cannot say I am not trying to get them to be a part of this, they HAVE the chance to step in an do something for us. An once more.. I am not trying to edit or mod the files, I just want to copy/backup/move or share them. All fair play by my count.

Thanks again to all who're helping with all this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Auriga; 03-01-2023 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Clarification/Formatting
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes I am trying to provoke them, I want them to be involved here.. they cannot say I am not trying to get them to be a part of this, they HAVE the chance to step in an do something for us. An once more.. I am not trying to edit or mod the files, I just want to copy/backup/move or share them. All fair play by my count.
    Honestly, they probably don't want people to do this or it would already be a feature. I'm 100% behind you that it should be a thing, but posting here with the hope that the devs will change it is mostly a pipe dream.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Honestly, they probably don't want people to do this or it would already be a feature. I'm 100% behind you that it should be a thing, but posting here with the hope that the devs will change it is mostly a pipe dream.
    Maybe.. maybe not.. but if nothing else WE will get something done here if they refuse to help us. Bottom line they have their chance to step in an assist.

Updating, what has been found so far: (a backup of this list is with me offline incase its needed)

(This section below is thanks to: Fenrir - Zenion)
    Aucsort.dat = Auction Sorting
    cnf.dat = In-game Configs
    es0.dat thru es9.dat = Equip Sets
    ###.mrk = Map Markers
    mcr.dat / mcr.sys / mcr.ttl (an variable names) = Spell/ability/item Macros

(This section below is thanks to: Cerberus - Gillesjboulon)
    aix.dat = abilities sorting
    bs.dat = mog safe
    b2.dat = mog safe 2
    ca.dat = mog case
    cl.dat = mog house 'storage'
    cmb0~9.dat = synthesis history
    es0.dat thru es9.dat = Equip Sets
    gmNotice.* = GM support related
    is.dat / is_2.dat = inventory
    mb.dat = locker
    mix.dat = magic sorting
    moix.dat = mounts sorting
    sb.dat = mog satchel
    sk.dat = mog sack
    wr.dat = wardrobe (wr2.dat = wardrobe2...)

Maybe?:

ffxiusr.msg = Sent Messages (not /t) from others in-game

Remains Unknown What These Do/Are For:

ti.dat / pec.dat / eix.dat (not weapon skill sorting) / acq.dat / nmcr*.dat / timestamp.dat
    (0)
    Last edited by Auriga; 03-06-2023 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Updating/Added Info
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3