Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auriga
    The above does not address giving the macros/equip-sets/map markers to say friend B.
    If you were a little less cryptic from the beginning I would have figured out that this is what you wanted to do. Thanks for clarifying that.

Unfortunately from the digging I did above along with how the data is stored in the folders, it does appear these files are keyed to the character and can't be easily transferred the way you want to (As evidenced by the backup files not being able to be used this way)

There honestly should be an easier way to do it, I 100% agree, but I don't see one. I can certainly try to ask around to see if I can find any evidence to the contrary though. I can't imagine, however, that nobody's ever tried to do this, so hopefully the reason there's no info isn't because it simply isn't possible.

(Proceeds to ask on the discord for you-know-what-software)

Edit: I can't post it here, but if you can provide some way for me to reach you outside of this forum I found some information that will be useful to you. NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODES
    (In other words, there do exist... things... that will allow you to export/import client side character data such as macros)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-25-2023 at 03:08 PM.

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    If you were a little less cryptic from the beginning I would have figured out that this is what you wanted to do. Thanks for clarifying that.
    Lets see now..

Quote Originally Posted by Auriga View Post
    It'd also be nice to be able to share the macros/equip-sets/map markers with friends.
    Nope.. nope.. don't see anything cryptic here.

As for discord.. I'm fairly easy to find in the right places. However I cannot speak on the subject of.. stuff you mentioned.
    It does appear that despite our differences.. we can at least agree this should be easier. Always nice to see common ground.

I do see your last active time stamp was Dec. 24, 2022 in game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Auriga; 02-25-2023 at 06:17 PM. Reason: added data
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE needs to give us a straight forward way to share this between chars/accounts/friends/manual backups to SD cards.
    I don't personally want to re-write all of those (macros) for others over an over an over again.
    They really don't, because who on earth does that?

And what you have listed here is long-winded and probably broken all of your "friends" games, so next they will be on the forums saying that their game doesn't work.

Rather than mess with things you're not meant to be messing with - The best option would be a download button under the Macro saving setting in the game menu followed by an import/export option.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 02-25-2023 at 08:52 PM.

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Lets see now..

Nope.. nope.. don't see anything cryptic here.

As for discord.. I'm fairly easy to find in the right places. However I cannot speak on the subject of.. stuff you mentioned.
    It does appear that despite our differences.. we can at least agree this should be easier. Always nice to see common ground.

I do see your last active time stamp was Dec. 24, 2022 in game.
    Well I guess I missed something reading it the first time

TLDR of all of this though, is there is a thing that exists that will let you do what you want to do, but since it falls under "third party tools," can't really talk about it on this forum. Conclusively, there is no "official" way to do it.

I would suggest adding a post about this in the QOL thread in general discussion.

And yeah, it's been a little while, I've been subbed the entire time but I keep getting distracted with other non-MMO games lol
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    They really don't, because who on earth does that?

And what you have listed here is long-winded and probably broken all of your "friends" games, so next they will be on the forums saying that their game doesn't work.

Rather than mess with things you're not meant to be messing with - The best option would be a download button under the Macro saving setting in the game menu followed by an import/export option.
    If you have nothing constructive to add, don't post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Auriga; 02-28-2023 at 02:04 PM.
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    So, just for fun, I tried copying over the all the mcr files from one user to another. mcr.dat, mcr.sys, mcr.ttl, mcr_2.ttl replaced, mcr1.dat to mcr49.dat added new. Completely copied over the macro palettes from my geo/whm/sch/drk character to my war01 never been outside the city storage mule. No errors, no loss or corruption that I can see. It just worked.

Mind you, I was trying to copy over macros from my smn/blm/drg/brd/cor character, so this is still kind of guesswork and trial and error, but it's doable as long as you keep backups.

es0.dat through es9.dat did the equipsets, again, no trouble, just have to worry about doing it blind.

I would advise doing this while the character you're copying data to is not logged in, but I suspect the worst that will happen is that you could accidentally overwrite the copied equipsets with blank ones.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    copying equip sets isnt going to be much use unless the other character has all the same gear. but good to know that they can just be copied.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you have nothing constructive to add don't post.
    I added a solution.

Don't post? HAHA!
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you have nothing constructive to add don't post.
    Try taking a permanent break from posting.
    (1)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    So, just for fun, I tried copying over the all the mcr files from one user to another. mcr.dat, mcr.sys, mcr.ttl, mcr_2.ttl replaced, mcr1.dat to mcr49.dat added new. Completely copied over the macro palettes from my geo/whm/sch/drk character to my war01 never been outside the city storage mule. No errors, no loss or corruption that I can see. It just worked.

Mind you, I was trying to copy over macros from my smn/blm/drg/brd/cor character, so this is still kind of guesswork and trial and error, but it's doable as long as you keep backups.

es0.dat through es9.dat did the equipsets, again, no trouble, just have to worry about doing it blind.

I would advise doing this while the character you're copying data to is not logged in, but I suspect the worst that will happen is that you could accidentally overwrite the copied equipsets with blank ones.

Thanks for looking into it further =)

(Updated list moved to my first post and in my latest post)
    (0)
    Last edited by Auriga; 03-02-2023 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Moving updated list, adding info.
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast