Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Personally I would’t mind seeing job points being transferable to other jobs in a manner similar to orb seals/crests and omen cards. That would definitely help people transition from farm jobs to end game jobs and level niche jobs that are often in short supply
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally I would’t mind seeing job points being transferable to other jobs in a manner similar to orb seals/crests and omen cards
    This really defeats the purpose of even calling them job points. You haven't "Mastered" a job if you used some other job to earn all the points now, have you?

If this was a thing, everyone would just pick the most efficient cleaving party, spam it forever and cap all the jobs that can't get points as fast as that one can. It would really just encourage paying people to grind them even more than it already does.
    (0)

Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    This really defeats the purpose of even calling them job points. You haven't "Mastered" a job if you used some other job to earn all the points now, have you?

If this was a thing, everyone would just pick the most efficient cleaving party, spam it forever and cap all the jobs that can't get points as fast as that one can. It would really just encourage paying people to grind them even more than it already does.
    That’s where having a conversation penalty comes in. Some jobs like BLM don’t fit well in apex parties. At a 1/10 exchange rate like omen cards it would allow an effective cap of 50jp per farm session. It would allow an option besides inefficient soloing and mercs for jobs that are completely locked out of the current meta but are needed for specific fights. I doubt it would increase mercs for JP, master levels pretty much gave them job security for life
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I know all about not fitting in having mastered SMN and managed to get to ML15 without any cleaving or paying someone to do it for me. I never cared what's "meta." Job specific accomplishments should be carried out on that job. By doing so you ensure that all jobs get to participate in content, as whether you like it or not, if you want to use that job where it is needed, you have to put in the effort.

I doubt it would increase mercs for JP, master levels pretty much gave them job security for life
    You can do both at the same time for whoever needs either. the people doing it certainly yell offering both.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    That’s where having a conversation penalty comes in. Some jobs like BLM don’t fit well in apex parties. At a 1/10 exchange rate like omen cards it would allow an effective cap of 50jp per farm session. It would allow an option besides inefficient soloing and mercs for jobs that are completely locked out of the current meta but are needed for specific fights. I doubt it would increase mercs for JP, master levels pretty much gave them job security for life
    BLM fits very well into Locus and Apex parties. Players are just bad.
    (1)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Too bad you can't use <insert Number of Job Points here> to basically unlock the ability to spend more Merit points on the tier II category for that Particular job. I mean look you've "Mastered" the job, so it's not unreasonable to think that you've improved doing that job, That's just me and insert SE's excuse of Job balancing / programming, as to why it won't happen, but I'd like to see it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2