Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Subjob Job Ability Selection

So I noticed something today. A lot of jobs lose access to a job ability or two when they're used as a subjob - /rdm doesn't get Composure, /whm doesn't get the Afflatus stances, that sort of thing. Dragoon, quite notably, does not get access to Call Wyvern as a subjob. Fair enough, it's a key job feature.

You know what Dragoon does get as a subjob though? Spirit Link. What's up with that?

I know that's such a silly little thing that there's no sense saying "they should fix that", but it just kind of makes me laugh. I can't have a wyvern, but if I could, why, I could heal it and steal its TP!
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Call Wyvern was originally DRG's SP ability and that's the primary reason it's not subjob accessible. A half level (okay, now slightly more than half level) wyvern isn't going to be anything to write home about) anyway. It's also in line with no /PUP puppet and no jug pets and useless charm on /BST. /SMN is slightly less unusable but the summoning magic is basically the only thing you get from the subjob in the first place aside from auto refresh (and odin/alexander are unusable)
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Oh well....?
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Oh well....?
    I mean, I'm not saying "oh my god this is terrible, it needs to be fixed right away", but... I think it's a silly enough thing to point out and say "isn't that weird?"

Not every post has to be complaining about how the game's ruined forever, or trying to offer suggestions that nobody will listen to, or trying to start some kind of a flame war. Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and say "hey, y'all ever notice...?"

(Also, just in case anyone wants to jump in and say "well maybe it's still useful in this weird edge case"... no, no it's not. You need to have a pet to use it, and the pet has to specifically be a dragoon's wyvern. It would have been really cool to be able to use this for some kind of smn/drg tech, but it was not meant to be.)
    (1)