Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Possibly have a temp txt that is deleted with every maintenance if the paragraph above is used, this is becasue the majority of the yell bots are deleted in a few days anyway and they make a new one.
    That sounds like a lot of needless work. I don't know how bots are on other servers, but I can shut the ones I see on Fenrir up with three lines:

g i l
    G I L
    m/

If the filter is something players are doing, and not something the RMT bots can actually see for themselves, it'll probably take them a while to adapt and realize they need new scripts to follow to bypass it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Also, you can whitelist a term and set it up so people you know will be able to use the blacklisted terms by including something on the white list.

Also: They made it clear they aren't done with this feature yet, it will be expanded in the future.

If the filter is something players are doing, and not something the RMT bots can actually see for themselves, it'll probably take them a while to adapt and realize they need new scripts to follow to bypass it.
    It's also being filtered on your end, the RMT will have no way to know their messages aren't getting through, so if they know about this their only real option is to constantly vary their word choice/format, currently they don't really change stuff much once it gets past the built in RMT chat filters.
    (0)

Player
    A common sense move would be to increase the level required to use yell however they will use /ae then, so I guess they can't really.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Basing it on level would adversely affect new characters/players. So it's not really common sense. This feature makes it easy to block out not just RMT but anything else you don't really want to hear while allowing the thinngs you do.
    (0)

Player
    New players don't even know how to use yell and assist was made for them, rmt make new characters just to shout and if there was a level restriction they would be far less willing to keep making new ones every day. It is common sense.

As I stated though, the RMT would start spamming in assist and although mentors can block it that would get annoying.

As such, yes it's not really something they can do.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    New players don't even know how to use yell and assist was made for them
    If they know how to use assist they know how to use yell. It's the same thing just a different letter.

rmt make new characters just to shout and if there was a level restriction they would be far less willing to keep making new ones every day. It is common sense.
    Repeating the same flawed argument doesn't make it magically become true.

Putting a level requirement on it makes it a pain not just for new players, but also players with mules, because now they have to actually level up their mules if they want to talk while they're moving stuff around or doing business. That's not a reasonable inconvenience. The new filter system can already deal with RMT pretty well if you learn how to use it, which really isn't hard, and they've already promised the feature is going to be expanded upon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-11-2023 at 11:12 AM.

Player
    You're like 3 year old lately, it's funny and all but at the same time kind of sad cause you're a grown man.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're like 3 year old lately, it's funny and all but at the same time kind of sad cause you're a grown man.
    I think you should re-read what you wrote and then look in the mirror, because I'm making calm, coherent rational statements, while you are repeating something that was flawed to begin with and hoping the other side will just go away.

You can't even use proper grammar and you're trying to call someone else posting in a normal manner a 3 year old. These kind of childish personal attacks detract from any argument you might have and are also plainly against the rules.
    (1)

Player
    All you are is a pure contrarian and it's really boring at this point.
    (2)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    All you are is a pure contrarian and it's really boring at this point.
    Then. Stop. Replying. Having him blocked is simply awesome.

Nothing better than seeing them desperately try to annoy you and be ignored. That's all they do is annoy and argue. So stop participating.

See they're all about to say something whiny and complainy and all I'm going to see is
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 02-11-2023 at 11:18 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast