Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Only 10? Mine is from 2007 and uses Windows Vista as the OS with a dial-up DSL! And waiting literally 48 seconds for me (not including typing in both passwords) is not bad at all. If you're too impatient to wait less than a minute for getting into the game, the black-outs when changing areas and reloading access to MH/satchels must also drive you nuts!
    We were all lucky if Vista even started up in 48 seconds.
    (0)

Player
    It takes 50 seconds to login all the way, what's the big deal?

The friend list is linked to playonline, the firewall is playonline (stops people hacking the servers), the only reason XI is still running is because the company that owns playonilne keeps the servers running exclusively for FFXI.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 02-18-2023 at 08:55 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We all know why FFXI can't be fully seperated from playonline, it doesn't mean that the process couldn't be streamlined.
    (1)

Character
    Jakubowski
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I don't mind companies breathing down my neck. If they want to close my account for doing something they should have done years ago then so be it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Soooooo..... it cuts off about 8, MAYBE 10 seconds, from what it took you before? Gosh darn let me slow-blink about 10 times to .... oh wait casting Blink and Stoneskin take longer than that! Doesn't seem like a time saving thing. If you had hit the [Connect] button at 0:02 and then "POOF!" you were in MH 2 seconds later, I'd've been impressed.
    You'd need to bypass a lot more than playonline to do that. Which isn't realistic or reasonable.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jaku View Post
    I don't mind companies breathing down my neck. If they want to close my account for doing something they should have done years ago then so be it.
    Well you seemed to imply you were actuallly cutting POL out of the picture, but you're just triggering the game launch without going through the menus. I don't really think that's much of a problem, but it's still third party tool use.
    (0)

Character
    Jakubowski
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Soooooo..... it cuts off about 8, MAYBE 10 seconds, from what it took you before? Gosh darn let me slow-blink about 10 times to .... oh wait casting Blink and Stoneskin take longer than that! Doesn't seem like a time saving thing. If you had hit the [Connect] button at 0:02 and then "POOF!" you were in MH 2 seconds later, I'd've been impressed.
    I'm not trying to impress people with this, I use it to allow me to login quicker and not babysit POL. We all wish we could just bypass POL but that's a lot more work than it's worth. This took very little time to put together but helps me, and it may help others.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well you seemed to imply you were actuallly cutting POL out of the picture, but you're just triggering the game launch without going through the menus. I don't really think that's much of a problem, but it's still third party tool use.
    Where did I say anything about cutting out POL? The video is pretty clear and my post says nothing about bypassing anything. So if you thought that based on my message that's on you, but I never claimed to say that in anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Where did I say anything about cutting out POL? The video is pretty clear and my post says nothing about bypassing anything. So if you thought that based on my message that's on you, but I never claimed to say that in anyway.
    I posted about how we can't do that and then you replied with a post that basically says "look what I can do!" Before looking at the video, in that context it certainly does look like you're suggesting you can do that. I don't think it's just me that could have come to that conclusion. Regardless, the way you responded made it seem like something a lot more illicit (not that it isn't already)
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2