Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Sortie chest #D5 / Sector H access strategy?

Hey all.

I'm trying to get Ra'Kaznar Sheet #D. To get this, the objective is: Vaniquish all Demisang foes, then interact with Diaphanous Bitzer #D. Demisang Deleterious not required.

So I count about 70 of these things. They're about level 131 to 133 so they shouldn't be super difficult. Still, if there are 70, I have a little under a minute to kill them all. I tried this last week with BRD, WHM, BLU, and 3 damage dealers (I can't remember which classes though... I think SAM and 2 WAR). It went poorly. I underestimated these the Demisang mobs. Also, we tried to go for the objectives that required you to kill mobs in a certain order. That was not a great idea though.

So what's a better setup for this? First I think I need to go after the mages first just to cut down the number of mobs in a pull. I need a healer of course, so grab a WHM. Hate bounced around a lot so I should probably get a PLD. I brought my BRD for song buffs which I feel like we'll need to get through all 70 mobs in time.

So that's 3 slots. I couldn't land sleep. My BRD is no slouch, but also his enfeebling gear is a little behind. Lullaby did nothing. I have heard that your only option for crowd control is Breakga. So I wonder if I need to bring a BLM. But then I kinda worry about getting a BLM good enough to land Breakga. Enfeebling isn't something BLM usually concentrate on.

After that, it's 2 DD slots.

So these are my thoughts. Does anyone have any recommendations? Any experience actually completing this objective?
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A whole party should have no problem doing this objective. If you do then players in the group are severely underprepared.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    A whole party should have no problem doing this objective. If you do then players in the group are severely underprepared.
    That's what I thought too, but it went poorly. Like I said, I probably underestimated the monsters. Hate control was a big problem last time. We had 4 unsleepable mobs pounding on some fairly squishy damage dealers. This required a lot of healing which of course drew hate to the WHM. It seems like I should be able to do this with a pickup group, but what do I do about crowd control and hate control? Get a PLD and let him take the blows while we work down the adds? Or do I need to bring a BLM to Breakga these things? These seem like Locus grade mobs that just link a lot.

I've done most of my Sortie runs solo on my MNK. He's no slouch... good gear and master level 31. I recall that the Demisang mobs checked as IT with high evasion. So I feel like I need to bring my BRD and some Madrigal.
    (0)

Character
    Sueno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    We did it with Sam Sam cor geo rdm blu.

The Sam's multi-step light skillchains
    Geo did geo-frailty and indi-barrior and backup heal when needed
    Cor sam/chaos light shot
    Rdm haste2 dia3 main heal
    Blu was the crowd control with entomb and backup heal.

The Sam's should easily be able to multi step with -dt equip. Only the thf and mnk type can kill the Sam's which is why the geo does indi-barrior. Start in the big south room with the mages so you end up close to the Blitzer. At the last room have the cor run to the blitzer and spawn the chest so you get the ki before you time out. We did it with 1 minute to spare.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    I couldn't land sleep. My BRD is no slouch, but also his enfeebling gear is a little behind. Lullaby did nothing. I have heard that your only option for crowd control is Breakga. So I wonder if I need to bring a BLM. But then I kinda worry about getting a BLM good enough to land Breakga. Enfeebling isn't something BLM usually concentrate on.
    I regularly land enfeebles on the demisangs with my geomancer (422 magic accuracy, 255 magic accuracy skill, 370 int, 345 mnd - not the toughest numbers to top), without magic accuracy food. Instead of a black mage tossing breakga though, you might want to consider a scholar to throw out aoe bind and gravity. Your group will need to position a little to keep from getting hit, but once they do all the non-casters are out of the fight for a minute or two (and silence isn't terribly hard to land either, putting the casters on ice.)

The biggest threat tends to be the TP moves when you've got defense down, so you want your white mage alert and ready with erase, and you may want to consider spending a song slot on scherzo just in case. Don't ignore slow, paralyze, and even blind - they're not total game changers, but they will make a difference.

If all else fails, run. If you have 18% movement speed, you can get away from a demisang shade without it getting to hit you. I'm not sure where the cutoff is below that, 8% might be enough but I'd be worried about taking a parting shot or two. The important thing, though, is they'll get bored and de-aggro if you stay out of range for long enough (or make it to a teleporter), giving you a chance to turn around and pick them off one at a time afterward as they turn to walk home. This is, of course, not the most time-effective strategy, but it's better than waiting three or five minutes on raise/arise.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    A fun trick to deal with large groups of Demisang mobs while using BLU is to use Entomb. It will petrify them for a minute and you can reapply it before it wears off to refresh the timer. You can lock down a huge group and pick them off bit by bit.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    A fun trick to deal with large groups of Demisang mobs while using BLU is to use Entomb. It will petrify them for a minute and you can reapply it before it wears off to refresh the timer. You can lock down a huge group and pick them off bit by bit.
    Ooh that sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Velner View Post
    Is there no resistance buildup???
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    From my experience fighting Demisang mobs, they are defensively kinda weak. The danger in them comes from them attacking in big numbers and overwhelming you. If you can stall long enough to bring the crowd down to a more manageable size, it'd be a huge help. Even 1 minute or a 1 and a half minutes would be a pretty big help.
    (0)

Character
    Velner
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Not that I've encountered but even the large rooms usually take a few applications to clear them all out.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast