Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    I have done a few runs with a decent group of human players. I still haven't succeeded though. What I have found so far:

* Links are inevitable, so a crowd control strategy is necessary. All forms of sleep seem to be completely ineffective, but on my latest run, I brought my BLM and easily slept them.
    * Fomors don't blood aggro, which makes it a little easier to fight them in the open instead of pulling to a camp.
    * Geomancer is terrible for this because it relies so much on staying close to that luopan and you're going to be moving around a lot. My third run included a Geomancer that was dual boxed with a Bard.
    * A Paladin might be necessary. These things hit hard and can seem to drop a guy from near full health in an instant, no matter how good your healer is. But a Paladin seems like a risky proposition because that's taking away a slot from a damage dealer, and you need good damage dealers to get through the large number of kills in time.
    * A Bard is necessary or you kill too slowly.
    * You can't afford a total party wipe. You just don't have the time to recover.
    (0)

Character
    Voidstorm
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Bring a BLU and have him set Entomb. The petrify from it works quite well. RDM & THF usually resist so fight those first. RDM being the most resistant.
    You could even bring multiple BLUs and pull like 15 mobs at a time and just nuke them down but that's kind of dangerous. We did that our first time and had a couple deaths in the 20min it took us to completely annihilate D.

PLD or RUN will help since they won't die unless they have def- from a fomor when one~two WS him.

On an additional clear for a new member we did melee kills. Only one BLU to entomb and help kill. COR & BRD there for sure, don't think we brought a geo on that run. don't think we brought a tank either. that or it was a RUN tank just doing a couple enmity spells and mostly working to DD himself. I was our BLU and I definitely didn't give him any time to establish hate or pull. I'd just run into mobs, entomb and get to work fighting one of them.
    (0)

Player
    I haven't tried again in a couple weeks. It takes a certain amount of mental strength to go about forming a party for anything, strength I usually don't have. Been thinking about bringing a SMN, or possibly just going WHM/SMN, to do Carby pulls. It would stop us from losing time to wipeouts, but could also slow us down.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2