Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Agreed and sadly that's the same issue on the ffxiv forums.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    Most of the fans and players are gone too. People want the game they love, no vertical progression, challenges from the get go, now power creep, grouping at every level, no steamrolling, horizontal progression, every good equipment of every level meaning something and being important, an economy directly connected to each and every players that is not bloated, GMs available 24/7 whom actually care a lot... you know, an actual good classic MMO experience, and not FFXIV with worse graphics.

And that is way things like Everquest Project 1999 exist and are very successful.
    You keep coming and spouting garbage about private servers. None of that was challenging, get it thru your thick skull. Literally everything from Adoulin onward was more of a challenge than 75 cap and leveling. Every level didn't mean something... what a joke, you say that as you endlessly lvl sync to someone in the dunes or qufim island on your dinky private server lol. No power creep, right... as if we weren't melee burning literally every NM past TOAU. As if RDM didn't solo 90% of end game. This game is nothing like XIV with worse graphics, you are so jaded its incredible. Go do an Odyssey V25 NM and tell me its similar to leveling off crabs in Qufim island, you are a huge part of the problem that holds this game back.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Literally all his posts are some kind of gloom or doomsday or angry boomer against the system. Its always them hating on retail
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'd love to challenge you to debate me on 75 cap vs current era, and why you think it was more challenging than anything we have now. How you think endlessly lvl syncing in Qufim/Dunes or fighting Bst pets for EXP is somehow a challenge.
    (0)

Player
    MMO players that have played for a long time tend to get their brains stuck in final destination mode, they effectively turn into "ARE WE THERE YET" drones.

Back in the day, all we wanted was progression. So a +1, some XP or a few more points toward lotting some item. These days some people want CAP, and because they can't get it in a fairly fast amount of time they get super salty. The cap gives the biggest endorphin rush and so they want the cap.

Master levels is about slowing you down by force, and just letting you get a little progression while doing other things.

MLev don't really matter, you don't need to cap them in the way you needed to cap job points. One of the worst things on a job you really like is no longer getting any progression and when I capped job points I was depressed for weeks. Mlev fixes that, cause you'll always get a little bit of sugar when you do anything.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lortheron View Post
    100%. Thank you so much for this.
    I really don't think it's appropriate to thank someone for flaming other users, but maybe that's just me.

They used to care. Up until ~2008~2010 that is. Now it's just a lost cause. There are alternatives you know, to enjoy this game, if you want.
    The people who are actively part of the project do care about it. The issue is more that SE itself has to please its investors, and spending lots of money on a game that isn't that popular anymore isn't going to impress anyone investing in SE, unless they're an investor that's also a player of the game, but the odds of that are really, really low.

At the end of the day, SE is a business, and all of their decisions, no matter how much passion any of their employees may have for a project, are aimed at pleasing investors, because that's how corporations and capitalism work.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-12-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    I don't really wanna step into the middle of what all you guys have going on here, but that line just made me laugh.

It's like saying "please stop blocking the train" at somebody who's out surfing. We're so far removed from any part of any of SE's decision-making processes in this forum that nothing anyone - everyone! - says here will even slightly shift the actual direction of the company's plans on anything. Howling into the void isn't getting in the way of anything, it can't bother anyone but other forum dwellers.

You know, you're honestly not wrong, it's just really frustrating to see someone who actively doesn't want something to happen that would be beneficial for SE's customers purely because he thinks it will take dollars away from the game (despite the fact that the whole point of a discount is you get people who wouldn't have paid any money otherwise, so money is gained, not lost).

And what you said applies equally to him- SE is going to spend what it's going to spend regardless of how he feels either.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4