Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Do the devs even play their own game or listen to anyone anymore?

Master Leveling has become almost impossible for any legit party setup these days, Asura is overwhelmed with RMT bots selling EXP and they go unpunished for months if at all. Do any of the devs even play this game and SEE WITH THEIR OWN EYES how bad it's gotten?

95%+ of the population have to resort to buying from the RMT because of how many of them are posted in the exp zones now. I myself want to play this game.... not pay people to play the game for me!
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They haven't ever. There is no "any more".
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Do they play the game? Probably. Do they listen to the non Japanese? Not much.

Master Levels are supposed to be a big grind like job points were initially.

My advice to you if you want to EXP normally is come to a smaller server where the RMT are far less prevalent and more people grind in parties or with trusts like you'd expect. Asura is overcrowded, so that's where the big bucks are for RMT, they care so little about any other server that you might see one or two RMT yells a day if any.

On the other end of the spectrum we have people such as Pixela complaining that there isn't enough for the ultra-hardcore to do. So this is for them, really. I wish it was easier too tbh, but its not that hard to get to ML15-20 and that's all you really need.
    (1)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    nice fix would be to drasticly increase exemplar points gained in daily content like seg runs / sortie so even when doing your daily things you can get your levels needed to eventually work towards making that content easier.
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Easier means you unsub faster. You'll stay. You'll grind. You'll complain. You'll do it anyway.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    nice fix would be to drasticly increase exemplar points gained in daily content like seg runs / sortie so even when doing your daily things you can get your levels needed to eventually work towards making that content easier.
    It's very likely that it will be eased somewhat at some point. I mean EXP was, CP was,, etc.

Easier means you unsub faster. You'll stay. You'll grind. You'll complain. You'll do it anyway.
    Even if it was three times easier, its more than enough to keep an ordinary player busy for years. No one's "unsubbing faster" if the grind is softened at all. And even when everyone has all jobs ML50, they'l undoubtedly come out with super job points or some other crap like that to keep us grinding til the apocolypse consumes us all.
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    While there are tons of RMT in all the master level camps... none of them are stopping you from getting EP. The Locus mobs respawn so fast that there is no issues with competition. There are tons of different camps with different options for mobs... and the first chunk of levels can all be gotten via content like Odyssey. People are just more lazy these days so most dont want to do master levels since it doesnt have a huge impact really. I don't know why SE added such a grind to cater to people LONG gone, that hate this game and only play on private servers. They should have added more rewards to actually doing content instead of a direct focused grind. This grind is worse than lv1-75 was. They keep trying to cater to players that are long gone.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    People are just more lazy these days so most dont want to do master levels since it doesnt have a huge impact really. I don't know why SE added such a grind to cater to people LONG gone,
    IDK, if it only caters to "people long gone," Why do I see so many people doing it?
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Surely in their mind they envisioned people shouting to team up for master levels and grinding the same mob for hours without bots... We know that people are too lazy for that in 2023.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    Surely in their mind they envisioned people shouting to team up for master levels and grinding the same mob for hours without bots... We know that people are too lazy for that in 2023.
    Well this is the reason I say people wouldn't really enjoy a "classic server" as much as they say they would. After all, it seems the whole point of this feature was to bring back that feeling of grinding mobs for hours to level up. The problem is, some people would seem to rather cheese it by cleaving or paying someone to do it for them than doing it the old fashioned way. I have gotten parties to do so plenty of times but I can't blame people for wanting to find a faster way since MLs ramp up so fast it gets pretty discouraging pretty quickly.

We all spent literally years leveling jobs up to 75 back in the day, it's not hard to see why at least some players aren't excited to do that again with master level. Particularly when it's only stat increases and no new abilities/spells/etc.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast