Character
    Otomis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Permanent Omen Card Bonus

As it stands, even with occasional Omen Card Bonus, in order for a player to complete all 22 Artifact sets would require roughly 3.5 years.

While both Dynamis-D unlocks for Relic and Sortie Gallimafry for Empyrean Can be completed in under a year.

As the Title suggests; I believe a solution to this disparity is to have Omen Card bonus become permanent. Definitely a quality of life improvement.

Respectfully,
    ~ Otomis
    (3)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As it stands, even with occasional Omen Card Bonus, in order for a player to complete all 22 Artifact sets would require roughly 3.5 years.
    Maybe this system wasn't designed with the idea that you would create every single item?

Other than for pure collection sake, there's no reason to, even if you play all 22 jobs with the exact same performance standards.

But im curious how you arrived at the 3.5 years calculation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-04-2023 at 02:38 PM.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Maybe this system wasn't designed with the idea that you would create every single item?

Other than for pure collection sake, there's no reason to, even if you play all 22 jobs with the exact same performance standards.

But im curious how you arrived at the 3.5 years calculation.
    Here, let me take a shot:

So, each Omen run, you get to choose between two paths: Ou, or any other boss. The two start the same, two floors with three side objectives and one main objective apiece. Ou's path gives you two more floors, one with ten side objectives and a main, and one with just a main objective. The other path is three floors, two with just the main objective and one with five side objectives along with the main. A card is expected once per five objectives completed, plus once for every ten visits to the Omen battlefield; I feel like in my experience I've seen more cards for floor main objectives than I should, so I'm going to just assume those are worth a card all on their own, and give a wildly optimistic calculation in the end.

Given this: Ou path (with Ou) is worth 7.2 cards; Ou path (without Ou) is worth 6.2 cards; non-Ou path is worth... also 7.2 cards. We can assume that the hypothetical player, then, is doing the five lesser bosses in order and then Ou every sixth run, for optimal card farming without specifically favoring astral detritus or boss pops. Factoring in the one bonus card every ten visits, this means each Omen run is worth 7.3 cards.

One set of reforged artifact armor requires 40 cards for +2, and a further 200 cards for +3, making each job 240 cards. At 7.3 cards per run, this is 33 Omen entries per job. With 22 jobs to complete, this makes 726 total visits. One could further factor in the scales dropped from each boss as a requirement for the +3 armor, but these randomly drop from all mobs in Omen now, making the likelihood of not finding enough negligible.

A player accumulates the mystic canteen key items required to enter Omen at a rate of one every 20 hours. One key item can be held while up to three more recharge, allowing a player to go up to 80 hours between visits without any loss of key item recovery time; thus, we will assume no time is lost, and each visit requires only that 20 hours recharge time. 20 hours times 726 visits gives us 14520 hours, or 605 days: about 1.66 years.

If we choose not to be so optimistic, and say that each floor completion is, in fact, only a single objective, worth a mere fifth of a card, then the math changes a little. Ou's path without the boss is now worth 3.8 cards, and fighting the boss boosts it to 4 cards. Any other path is worth 3.2 cards. Optimally, one must now opt to take only the route with no boss drops, which is more than a little bit of a letdown. Focusing on cards alone is 3.9 cards per trip, while a full boss cycle is 20 cards over 6 visits for 3.4 cards per trip.

At these numbers, one job requires 62 Omen runs without a single boss drop, or 71 runs while fighting bosses. This gives us 22 job totals of 1364 or 1562 runs total (though the real number would probably be in between, as at some point one hopes the hypothetical player will have gotten every drop relevant to them.) That makes 27280 hours at the low end, 1137 days, 3.12 years. At the higher end, 31240 hours, 1302 days, 3.57 years.

So, the TL;DR is, to arrive at an estimate of 3.5 years, OP is assuming all objectives reached every Omen run, running at optimal possible repeat rate, always chasing after boss drops, with no randomly dropped cards (can those happen outside of campaigns? I think they can but I can't remember actually seeing it), and all objectives being weighted equally (which I'm not entirely sure they are.)
    (2)

Player
    Wouldn't the scales requirement still be a significant bottleneck anyway? I have 55 Paragon WHM cards but with no way to get a Kei Scale, I'm never going to be able to get my Theophany Pantaloons up to +3 level.
    (0)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    Wouldn't the scales requirement still be a significant bottleneck anyway? I have 55 Paragon WHM cards but with no way to get a Kei Scale, I'm never going to be able to get my Theophany Pantaloons up to +3 level.
    They randomly drop from all sweetwater mobs in Omen as of Novemer 2021; it's not an amazing drop rate, but you should see about one random scale per full clear run, three or four if you have treasure hunter. Even if you only see one scale every five runs though, you end up with enough to upgrade five pieces in the time it takes to get the cards for a full set. May be some problems early on with mismatches from bad random number generation, but over the course of an entire 22 job armor collection all scales should be abundantly covered.

If you're soloing, of course. Doing it in a group changes the numbers a bit since now you're competing over limited drops. Plus objectives get harder. Moral of the story, low-man Omen if you want the goods.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmarkvar View Post
    I've gotten many scales just from farming for astral detritus solo on SMN, I don't think these are much of an issue.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Its a campaign, so no don't be lazy. It shouldn't be permanent.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The whole point of the campaigns is to essentially put content on rotation without cutting off access. it helps ensure people who need content that isn't as popular get opportunities to do it, particularly on the smaller servers, where these campaigns make it a lot easier to do whatever content is featured in the campaigns at any given time.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I've gotten many scales just from farming for astral detritus solo on SMN, I don't think these are much of an issue.
    Well thanks for the new information. Last night I dug my THF out and got my Kei Scale. My THF is... okay but kinda weak. He has very few job points and most of his gear is circa 2014--lots of +1 reforged stuff--so I killed slowly. Still, he is specifically geared to have high Treasure Hunter, which was what I needed for this situation. I also got a Kin Scale for one of my MNK pieces, but I am woefully lacking in MNK cards.
    (0)