Good day, adventurers!
Matsui here with this month’s FFXI roundup.

Winter is upon us in full force here in Japan, and I hope those of you in similarly cold climates are staying bundled up. I currently am struggling with how best to stay warm in my office without running up an absurd heating bill, so instead I’ working on keeping warm on the inside by bringing you information on the February version update.

As I mentioned last month, The Voracious Resurgence is taking a brief pause as we gear up for the homestretch. We’ve got some story beats and mission battles that we think you’ll enjoy and the team in currently working their utmost to brush them up for a March release. Stay tuned for more!

Next up is Ambuscade. Both Ambuscades this month are returning battles. Volume One features corse foes with slightly adjusted mechanics. We’ve made it a bit harder to go with a one-sided strategy of sealing their special attacks while simultaneously decreasing the frequency and changing the conditions for them using charm abilities.
Demons are the focus of Volume Two, and the battle is centered on team vs. team combat. With multiple foes each playing a specific role, the key to victory lies in deciding which one to defeat first. You might find things a bit easier if you bring a lot of area of effect attacks.

Job adjustments feature the pets of beastmasters, dragoons, summoners, and puppetmasters gaining physical and magic evasion as their owner’s itemlevel increased. Additional, the pet critical damage cap has been increased across all level ranges.

For Sortie, the reservation system adjustments we previously announced have been pushed off to a future update while we further refine the underlying cogs and wheels. That being said, we remain committed to making sure that everyone is able to enjoy Sortie in a timely fashion.

Additionally, we are taking the first steps to implement a long-requested feature: a chat log filter, officially known as the Term Filter.
We intend to make incremental updates and additions to the Term Filter over the course of several version updates, as it is difficult to implement such an undertaking all at once without risking adversely impacting your gameplay experience. As such, we’ve elected to divine the workload across a handful of months (but the initial filter system will become available in the February version update.)

The version update notes will contain more details on how exactly to utilize this system, and we are looking into creating an opportunity to explain the system in a more easy-to-understand format.

I can scarce believe that we’re already a full month into 2023. I hope that this year is an exciting and fruitful one for you and yours and that you are able to enjoy a healthy game-life balance.
See you in Vana’diel!

Mission and Quest-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
FebruaryRecords of Eminence・Add new objectives -

Content and System-related
Implementation TimingUpdate Task and DetailsIn-progress TaskDetails
FebruaryAmbuscade・Replace notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
-
FebruarySortie・Add additional instances
-
FebruaryChat Log・Add filtering feature -