World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Chains of Promathia Mission Progression bugged

Details:
    Quetzlcoatl Server
    Character: Mingxue
    The Progression for The Three Paths Mission is Bugged and cannot progress.

Steps:

When talking to Cid to undertake a new path, there are 2 options available:
    1. Investigate Al'teiu
    2. Find Prishe

I was able to complete the third path a long time ago. (I reported this to GM and thru website over 2 years ago for this issue. I took a break from the game before receiving a reply. The website support told me to call a GM. the GM told me to post a support thread request... )

If I select one, zone out then zone back to Cid, he offers me the same choice to choose a path.

If I try to pursue the path, none of the npc's respond according to the Mission no matter how many times I talk to them. I have checked every step along both of the paths to see if My progress was advanced somewhere further along one of the paths, but it did not help. I did initially play part of the Missions a long time ago, but it got reset as if I hadn't started them somehow.

This appears to be a bug specific to the data for this character only. Please check my data for this mission. Fully resetting the mission would be fine also. I just want to be able to progress it. I'm locked out of reforging gear and alot of other content because I cannot finish Chains of Promathia missions for this character.

Date & Time: 1/19/2023
    Frequency: Every time I attempt it
    Platform: Windows
    PC Manufacturer & Model Number: Not Applicable
    Graphics Card: Not Applicable
    ISP: Not applicable
    Type of Internet Connection:Cable
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're overlooking something, there's no bug. High probability it's interference from rhapsodies of vanadiel. Many CoP missions can't be progressed if the NPC involved is currently occupied with an RoV mission.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Rhapsodies is completed
    (0)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You're still overlooking someting. Retrace steps, pretend like you just began the mission and click on everything in sequence.

I''ve yet to ever see a thread with an issue like this where this wasn't the case since these forums existed.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Dude, you are insisting my character is not broken when you don't know jack. All you are doing is maybe preventing someone from SE from taking this post seriously.

I am NOT looking for community support on this. I'm looking for SE support AS stated in my OP because I'm getting the run around from their support, both GM's and web based.

You didn't read the description closely enough to understand what it means. The way the mission works, is that after you choose a path from cid, you are on that path until you complete it, then you can choose another path. That is NOT how mine is behaving. It offers the path, but I cannot proceed. then I zone out and back and it offers me to choose the path again. That is Incorrect game behavior.
    Also, I ALREADY stated in OP that I have fully retraced BOTH paths that do not show they are complete. you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Its better to keep your mouth closed and appear a fool, then to open it and remove all doubt.
    (1)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dude, you are insisting my character is not broken when you don't know jack.
    They can't "fix" your character data, and you have no proof or evidence that this is an issue with your data. You say I don't know jack but the reality is, i've been around here a long time and an error with a specific person's character data is extrordinarily rare if there's even been a documented case at all. Even an actual bug is more likely. I'm sorry you're so offended, but there's a reason for everything, and the reason you've come to the conclusion of is so unlikely as to be probably nonexistent. Your issue will be solved a lot faster by trying to figure out exactly where the problem is and solving it yourself than posting here. While SE does occasional reply to posts here for support, if you really think your issue can be helped by support (I don't think it can) you need to go to the support site and file a ticket.

You didn't read the description closely enough to understand what it means.
    I did read the description. Every single word. Maybe you should take your own advice about the whole mouth opening thing and not sound like such a jerk and being insulting by suggesting i need "reading comprehension." Yes, I'm aware you said you've done those things, but you've still missed something. There are no shortage of cryptic issues and challenges in this game and I myself have been found more than once running around for hours trying to figure out why I can't do something. Only to discover later that I missed XYZ thing and I was a moron for missing it.

I am NOT looking for community support on this. I'm looking for SE support AS stated in my OP because I'm getting the run around from their support, both GM's and web based
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahngarthor
    you need to go to the support site and file a ticket.
    Well the reason you're getting "the run around" is because they have no mechanism to "fix" your allegedly broken character data.

In game GMs don't provide technical support. They perform very specific services like the one time item restore, player event support, and also resolve disputes. If you go to the help desk and press "i need technical support" the game tells you to go to the support site. Because GMs don't do technical support. While technical support is provided on the forum, anything account-specific (like a character specific issue like you're alleging) has to go through the support site. if a support system does reply here on the forum, it's almost a certainty they'll just create a ticket for you and tell you to use the support site because this is an account/character specific issue (if true).

Further, this is a forum for all FFXI players. By posting here, you open your threads up to anyone who wants to and can respond, whether you're "looking to get community support" or not, which is really the primary purpose of this forum section.

Ultimately, you can not access your character data to show that there is actually a problem with it. And I'm trying to tell you that this is EXTREMELY unlikely to be the source of your problem. But believe whatever you wish to. in 20 years of this game i've never seen anyone post here saying "my character data is broken fix it."

I almost guarantee i could log on your character and find the problem and get it back on track, though obviously I can't do that.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-21-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I originally submitted ticket to technical support website. They told me to go to GM. GM told me to post on forum.

If you can read, you are mentally deficient. go away.

You are obviously no interested in helping. I'm not interested in your help. its just harrasment.
    (1)
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Greetings Adventurer!

We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. However, it seems that this issue would be more suited for the bug report forums. Please create a new thread entry in the In-Game Bugs section with the required information as shown in the main thread sticky.

Due to the nature of the issue, this thread will be moved to ‘Separate Support Required’.

Thank you for visiting the FINAL FANTASY XI Technical Support Forums!
    (2)
    Last edited by Yarxideyn; 01-21-2023 at 02:18 PM.