Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    So does this mean -1 or are we getting another developer? We only have 6-7 as it is.

I don't want to be rude but seriously this is important information.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    it means someone is replacing someone else.

It really isn't important. Whenever the team needs support to accomplish something they go through the head of their division, which is Naoki Yoshida aka YoshiP. A cost benefit analysis is done and if it is determined that something is worth doing, the support is provided. This is how it has been for years and how it still is. This was discussed in the WE ARE VANADIEL interviews with Yoshida.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-29-2023 at 08:49 AM.

Player
    Nobody is replacing someone as far as we know, someone is taking on the job of someone else. As in the director is becoming the director/producer.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Nobody is replacing someone as far as we know, someone is taking on the job of someone else
    By definition, if someone is planning to retire they're planning to stop working. It's a thing that happens when people get older.
    (0)

Player
    the point was, if we have 6 and one is leaving are we getting another +1 or will it be a -1
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the point was, if we have 6 and one is leaving are we getting another +1 or will it be a -1
    Someone else will obviously step in to fill their original role, because it's an essential role.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I really like and respect Matsui but we need someone with more ambition. I hope its someone young who cares about preserving a two decade old game and wants to advance us forward. We need a new expansion or a remake/remaster, theres no other way. They can't continue adding small stuff in scale or the game will continue to bleed subs. We need something big, even if its a year or two away, to keep people excited for the future. We used to get road maps and conversations with the community to reassure them of the future. I am almost positive people still subbed/recently subbed would pay for a boxed expansion or even keep subbed if they knew the game had a concrete future. This is a game that made you the most money out of any FF prior to XIV being pumped with all the money they dumped into it (most likely from XI profits.) Please give back to this beautiful game and give us something to look forward to.
    (0)

Player
    I would want Matsui to stay, but I suppose it's not upto him.

I doubt he really wants to retire either.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I would want Matsui to stay, but I suppose it's not upto him.

I doubt he really wants to retire either.
    What sort of insider info do you have to suggest that he isn't retiring willingly?

I hope its someone young who cares about preserving a two decade old game and wants to advance us forward. We need a new expansion or a remake/remaster, theres no other way.
    I don't think this really has anything to do with Matsui himself and everything to do with how much SE is willing to invest. Hell, SE corporate barely even cares about games anymore unless it has something to do with blockchain. I really dunno why they're going all in on something nobody actually wants, but I don't work for them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-30-2023 at 04:23 AM.

Player
    Because it's usually mandatory if it's a big company, and people doing a job they care about don't usually want to stop.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast