Character
    Emmih
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Domain Invasion changes suggestion

Hello,

As a newer player it is difficult to obtain Domain Invasion credit, and I would like to make some suggestion to help the experience.

Basic Suggestions (Highly recommended)

1.) Automatic removal of inactive players from Unity chat.

It requires multiple attempts to enter unity chat due to countless players simply standing AFK and not participating in Domain Invasion, nor Unity Chat.
    It also can take upwards to 1-2 hours to activate and receive messages as to the location of the Domain Invasion monster.

2.) Increasing the methods for obtaining credit, and boosting the "floor" minimum rewards.

As a player who has leveled Bard, with a focus on support, not damage, it is extremely difficult to obtain sufficient credit for Domain Invasion participation.
    Along side this, any new player trying to participate and obtain credit is going to be at a significant disadvantage against such high level, (Mastery Levels) and highly equipped players.

(The Bosses are being killed quickly by extremely powerful players, while fresh players struggle significantly to obtain credit.)

Additional Suggestions

-Change the default, and maximum rewards for Domain Invasion to a flat 100.
    -Change the default rewards from Mireu to a flat 200

Reasoning:
    -Currently the system favors highly progressed players, making the content nearly obsolete as a means for progression for newer players.
    -The enemies die too quickly, and this problem will only magnify as veteran players continue to advance in power and strength, widening the gap even further. (Which is a great thing overall, but in content designed such as Domain Invasion, it is counterproductive.)
    (1)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dihlyte View Post
    As a player who has leveled Bard, with a focus on support, not damage, it is extremely difficult to obtain sufficient credit for Domain Invasion participation.
    Along side this, any new player trying to participate and obtain credit is going to be at a significant disadvantage against such high level, (Mastery Levels) and highly equipped players.
    ... how is it difficult? If you show up and take literally any action after losing the Mobilization status (which can be manually removed), you receive full credit for the fight. Whatever the base number of points per dragon is on your server, it's yours. If five other people have showed up to participate, you have a 2x multiplier to that without any further considerations, giving you the full daily 100 points if your server is up to 50 per day. You can achieve your full daily Domain Invasion points allotment by showing up and casting Chocobo Mazurka once. Mireu is even easier - I'm not sure if there even is a multiplier for participants, but even if there is it's guaranteed to be maxed out if you have enough people there to win.

I'll agree with you on Unity chat being terrible as the primary means of finding out where the next Domain Invasion dragon is going to be though. There should be some sort of item you can purchase which can be used to immediately pull that information, or a key item that can let you know when one's queued up. Even lacking that though, it's three zones which repeat in sequence, so parking in Escha - Ru'aun and waiting is usually going to get you into a Domain Invasion inside of 45 minutes.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As a player who has leveled Bard, with a focus on support, not damage, it is extremely difficult to obtain sufficient credit
    As per the above poster, any job can reasonably get full credit for participation. you don't have to pump out 99999 damage nukes and skillchains to get full credit.
    (0)

Player
    system already does kick out inactive players on unity chat, iirc even kicks while I'm still moving but never use chat channel.

And it already has capped daily DI point reward, which is 100 (& 200 for Mireu, which is already a very rare encounter since I never saw it during my return campaign). Reasons ppl might still be spamming them due to bead farming & they even capped at 50k, which is exact amount needed to start aeonics & even if somehow gather another 50k, it'll be useless since one needs to finish working on whichever aeonic they started in which one has to defeat all escha NMs (which I heard a must redo on whenever picking another aeonics to work on), or abandon to work on new ones. Heck... I'm even surprised finding out that I capped my beads this return campaign & having muled my thoughts on what aeonic I should be getting & asking alot of opinions on LS & finally decides to pick BRD instrument since many responses favours toward that.

Last I played, participation already dwindled down in about 2 hours since daily reset, hence it should be quite leeway to reach next DI location without reduced waiting time from 10 to 5 minutes. Of course, this is on my server Bahamut, can't really speak for others like Asura, or Ragnarok in OP's case. & as others said, it is that easy to get full participation. There's one time my THF barely made in time when DI NM almost dead & only delivers like one hit & still get either full 100 or just 80, which is easy enough to get another on next DI, which always has fixed rotation in order of Zitah > Ruaun > Reisenjima.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    As others, I don't see participation in the actual battle being an issue, but the Unity chat being the means to advertise it can be one.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    system already does kick out inactive players on unity chat, iirc even kicks while I'm still moving but never use chat channel.
    Does it? I have never seen that happen as far as I'm aware of things (well, seeing idle people removed could be kind of tricky... unless one was the idler themselves, and while I usually do log out when not actually at home/awake for a longer period of time, there have been times when I didn't, and was not kicked out... I think).

As far as I can tell, characters are (only?) removed when changing areas, but I could be wrong.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Does it? I have never seen that happen as far as I'm aware of things (well, seeing idle people removed could be kind of tricky... unless one was the idler themselves, and while I usually do log out when not actually at home/awake for a longer period of time, there have been times when I didn't, and was not kicked out... I think).

As far as I can tell, characters are (only?) removed when changing areas, but I could be wrong.

Think so. I often hang out on east Adoulin while semi-afk doing other stuff while still having unity chat enables & iirc it would later notify that I left the channel, & when I tried using /u, it will simply return error that I'm not joining in any unity chat. There's also the time when I actually doing stuff around the map, iirc was trying to pop this NM that took me almost an hour & system would notify me later than I left the channel as well, apparently not using channel for chatting long enough would boot me as well, can't really confirm whether that's actually the reason or not.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    I often hang out on east Adoulin while semi-afk doing other stuff while still having unity chat enables & iirc it would later notify that I left the channel
    Huh, interesting. I guess I'll need to experiment some!

These days I usually do keep it disabled manually, so as to not reserve a spot in there unless I have a reason to, although that unfortunately leaves me out of potential Mireu notifications (another good reason to have a different kind of a notification system) as well as the actual player interactions (yeah, both are pretty rare...).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Emmih
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenion View Post
    ... how is it difficult? If you show up and take literally any action ...
    That is interesting, because I have done numerous Domain Invasion battles (about 20 or so?) and as my bard, casting numerous songs, obtaining Daurdabla, fighting with Kali, even switching to THF using Sandung and +1 Ambuscade gear, regularly receive below the daily maximum.

50 points, 62 points, 80 points (when max is 100 per day), etc.

If I were to only cast Chocobo Mazurka once, and do nothing else, how would that supersede every other song, and action? I suppose I can try that, but I am not understanding how that is going to increase my credit contribution.

A picture:
    (0)
    Last edited by Dihlyte; 01-17-2023 at 05:25 AM.

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That is interesting, because I have done numerous Domain Invasion battles (about 20 or so?) and as my bard, casting numerous songs, obtaining Daurdabla, fighting with Kali, even switching to THF using Sandung and +1 Ambuscade gear, regularly receive below the daily maximum.

50 points, 62 points, 80 points (when max is 100 per day), etc.

If I were to only cast Chocobo Mazurka once, and do nothing else, how would that supersede every other song, and action? I suppose I can try that, but I am not understanding how that is going to increase my credit contribution.

A picture:
    Right, there's your problem. "You will receive 30 Domain Points as a reward." That is what you get, whether you take one action or a hundred. The only way that base value increases is if the server as a whole defeats the Domain Invasion super boss Mireu enough consecutive times; it caps at 50 points per dragon.

The only modifiers to that base value are number of people participating in the Domain Invasion (1x to 2x), whether you landed the killing blow on the final mob of wave 1 (2x), and whether you landed the killing blow on the dragon (2x).

In your screenshot there, one other person was at the fight (1.2x) and you finished off the last mob of wave 1 (2x), giving you an overall x2.4 multiplier for those 72 total points. Had one other person been there, that would have been enough to put you at your daily limit of 80.

When the server's winning streak is long enough to get 50 Domain Points per dragon, the daily limit is increased to 100... and at that point, if there are six people at the fight, that's worth a 2.0x multiplier all on its own, giving you your 100 points just for participating regardless of what you actually do. If there are not six people there... well, that means just showing up to the next fight and doing something to prove you're there to make up the difference.

Your evaluations during a Domain Invasion - damage dealt, damage taken, critical hits, buffs, healing, and I think a few other categories - will influence the capacity points and escha beads you receive, but not the Domain Points. Those are fixed, and can only be improved by hitting the multipliers.
    (1)

Character
    Emmih
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Okay then, allow me to make the adjustment.

I'm not seeing why the specifics of how the system calculates rewards matters, when the request is to ensure players can obtain more time worthy rewards.

Hello,

I would like to make some suggestions for Domain Invasion.

1.) Automatic removal of inactive players from Unity chat. Or other methods to spread the word about Domain Invasion locations.

2.) Increasing the the "floor" minimum rewards.

-Change the default, and maximum rewards for Domain Invasion to a flat 100.
    -Change the default rewards from Mireu to a flat 200

Reasoning:
    -I think it would be silly to have to rely on a static, or established group to participate in Domain Invasion. The content favors large groups, and people cannot always play/participate in Domain Invasion during peak hours.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast