Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

If you add a shared sub model between XI and XIV

Please make new servers for the freeloading peasants to play on.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Please make new servers for the freeloading peasants to play on.
    Hello trollbait, how are you today?
    (1)

Player
    There is a probable fictional leak doing the rounds:

FF Anniversary Presentation Leak

Received orders for the FIGS translation of the Final Fantasy Anniversary Presentation happening on February 7th. Press is getting early access to announcements on February 2nd.

Total runtime: 1h 24m

Opening:
    Final Fantasy History Presentation

Final Fantasy Online:
    Final Fantasy XI/Final Fantasy XIV Subscription Unity Project (This Fall)
    Final Fantasy XI Beginnings Rework Project (This Fall)
    Naoki Yoshida: Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Anniversary
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    okay, whatever, I'll believe it when i see it, but seriously

If they're paying to pay, they aren't freeloading. They deserve to be able to play just as much as anyone else. You pay Netflix one price to access their content, so I don't get why you're so opposed to SE offering a similar deal for their online games. SE still gets money, they wouldn't offer it if they had a problem with how much money they're getting. And it applies in both directions, its not like this only benefits FFXIV players (or vice versa).

Modern MMO players are going to figure out pretty quickly if they like FFXI's slower gameplay or not. I don't think you have to worry much about "freeloading" noobs ruining the game for anyone else.

Further, a program like that might keep some people off private servers, I'm seeing them get advertised more aggressively recently, and you can be sure that SE would rather people be paying them something than TRULY freeloading.

Most people who already sub to both aren't playing them *simultaneously*. You're dividing your time between them in some fashion, so it's really, really not unreasonable to offer an option that costs more than one sub but less than both.

(Full disclosure, I have a legacy FFXIV account, so I have a permanent discount already- I highly doubt they'd let legacy accounts stack discounts)

f the Final Fantasy Anniversary Presentation happening on February 7th.
    This doesn't make sense, as the FF brand's anniversary is in December. I rate this claim "Highly Dubious."
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-15-2023 at 03:00 PM.

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    Obviously fake.
    (1)

Player
    I don't believe it either but just in case.

The point however is that if I'm specifically paying for a service, and then get a worse service for people who aren't specifically paying for that service I'm not going to be happy. To use an example, if I'm paying for netflix and they do a deal where amazon customers get netflix for free when they have prime and then the netflix servers start being laggy...not so good.

Likewise, since XI is not a fully instancef game I'm not going to be happy if I can't do anything I log on to do cause it's full of people who are getting it for free due to paying for something else.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The point however is that if I'm specifically paying for a service, and then get a worse service for people who aren't specifically paying for that service I'm not going to be happy.
    Why would an influx of new and/or returning legitimate players create a worse service for you?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Likewise, since XI is not a fully instancef game I'm not going to be happy if I can't do anything I log on to do cause it's full of people who are getting it for free due to paying for something else.
    1) they're not getting in for free, they're getting in for a discount to offset the fact that it's hard to simultaneously play two MMOs. if SE charges (example) $20 a month to play both, that's a modest savings for the buyer, it isn't "for free," plus they can still pay the extra dollars for more characters and storage.
    2) Unless you're on Asura, this isn't a problem and the impact of such a promotion, as I've said many times in the past, would be nice but it would not be enough to create such problems where they don't already exist.

An incentive to play both games can only do good for both games. There is no downside here. I'm not so sure I'd be paying for both if I didn't already have the XIV legacy account discount. If they did do something like this, that just means other people can enjoy what I'm already enjoying.

We've been through this multiple times and it's pretty apparent you were trying to bait me, well you've succeeded, so congratulations I guess?
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-16-2023 at 09:29 AM.

Player
    (0)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 01-16-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Im happy too, I also have active legacy subscription in ffxiv and have never stopped my subscription in ffxi since the second year of NA release.
    About time tbh if it comes to light! ^^
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast