Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The only way a company would throw away profits by offering a two fer 1 deal is if they don't plan to update it much more
    1) another assertion made with no evidence or basis. Companies offer buy one get ones on popular products and services all the time. They don't just do it when they're going to abandon something.
    2) I never suggested a 2 for 1 deal as I said in JUST MY LAST POST. Are you not reading on purpose?

Even if I did propose such a thing, it would be based on the widespread avialability of evidence of companies offering such promotions whom are all still around touday, such as every fast food place ever, every major bix box retailer and probably tons of small ones.

"I and others should not pay $12 for this game when you're giving it away to others for free."

No one is giving anything away for free nor was the idea ever even proposed, but even if they did, there's no obligation to you, they can offer whatever prices they want to anyone at any time and it's their right. If someone else getting a discount on something makes you so salty, well you're just going to have to grow up because it happens every day on just about everything you'll ever buy in your life.

You are being INTENTIONALLY oblivious and obtuse. The point of this kind of and any kind of promotion is to grow their customer base or get more out of their existing customer base, as is the case here. They would be going after more money, not less. This is the last time I'm going to explain this concept to you.

Should McDonald's stop offering buy one big mac get one for a dollar coupons on their app just because you can't stand the fact that someone else paid less money than you?

As I said before, I recieve a permanent discount on my FFXIV subscription as a holder of a legacy account. No one seems to be getting mad at me for paying less than they do. And SE seems to be totally fine with it since they haven't taken it away.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-01-2023 at 05:44 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    1) another assertion made with no evidence or basis.
    Calm down Ted, it's a post on a game forum not a political discussion on CNN.

We don't know what is going to happen, if it turns out to be some other kind of deal then we can discuss that when it happens.

The point being made is if it is what I said.

However, with things going the way they are if all these things turn out to be true then a reduction in the sub should follow (less developers, others getting it much cheaper, less content etc)
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Calm down Ted, it's a post on a game forum not a political discussion on CNN.
    Calm down? I'm quite calm. You're the one that seems to be panicking and treating every relevant bit of news as some sign of doomsday for FFXI.

We don't know what is going to happen, if it turns out to be some other kind of deal then we can discuss that when it happens.
    You say this now but you've been making assumptions about what it will be, if it is even a thing at all which we still do not know, this entire time.
    (1)

Character
    Drumskull
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Obviously fake.
    sounds real tbh
    same dude that posted remasters a year ago
    (0)
    Last edited by Kalimairo; 02-02-2023 at 03:04 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimairo View Post
    sounds real tbh
    same dude that posted remasters a year ago
    It did occur to me that this year is FFXIV's 10th anniversary, however that is in August, so this still doesn't make sense. I don't know of anything FF related that has an anniversary in February that would make them do some kind of presentation involving the MMOs.
    (0)

Character
    Sampi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I see Pixela makes a thread, I know it was gonna be entertaining.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinuko View Post
    I see Pixela makes a thread, I know it was gonna be entertaining.
    That is one way to put it.
    (0)

Well, February the 7th came and went.

<Tumbleweed>
    (0)

Player
    and that's a good thing!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    and that's a good thing!
    They could have announced FFXI-2!

Look man, if you like wasting money, that's your perogative. But all your comments here basically amount to "stop liking what I don't like."
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast