Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    y not? one allowed to dreams, no?
    It's kinda my wish ever since FF14's 2.x in fact.
    Because it is 4chan...

No one should put stock in circular reasoning masquerading as dreams.
    (2)

Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Amazing that people are taking 4chan seriously. 4chan is the sewer of the internet
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokimemofan View Post
    Amazing that people are taking 4chan seriously. 4chan is the sewer of the internet
    Just like Asura is the sewer of FFXI

//Had to go there
    (0)

Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

//Had to go there
    I don’t think anyone will deny that
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post

//Had to go there
    This place as well as the rest of retail is not much better.
    (0)

Player
    I'm gonna be super disappointed if they go with a shared sub due to the message it sends.

At best given them a couple of free mog wardrobes or something.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    I'm gonna be super disappointed if they go with a shared sub due to the message it sends.

At best given them a couple of free mog wardrobes or something.
    For anyone other than you, it sends a great message, that SE is willing to give people a break for dividing time between two massively time consuming MMORPGs. It really is that simple, you have X time to spend, the subscription fee assumes you'll spend a certain amount of time playing. Playing more than one MMO doesn't mean you are adding extra hours in a day to play them, so it doesn't make sense to charge someone playing both the full price of both.

I don't know why this concept is so lost on you.

Having said that -
    I've seen multiple gaming news outlets reporting on this supposed anniversary presentation in February, despite the fact that FF's anniversary is in December. It's not just 4chan anymore, but it still doesn't make sense.
    (0)

Player
    A) $12 + B) $12

>

A+B) $12
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    A) $12 + B) $12

>

A+B) $12
    I don't think anyone, myself included, ever proposed "buy one get one free." Just "A discount." If someone is willing to pay A + 50% of B but 100% of B, they still gain more money than if they didn't pay for B at all.

More money than the cost of one or the other is better than not getting any more money if the person would not have paid otherwise.

They have done it in the past and there is no reason they can't do it again. The only limitation there should be is that (as is normally the case with discounts) it won't stack with any other discount i.e. the XIV Legacy Account discount.

It's probably for the best that you don't likely run a department store, because you don't seem to understand how coupons and discounts bring in customers they might not have otherwise obtained.

Blizzard's battle.net holiday/event sales even apply to WoW and its ingame item/service purchases. They wouldn't run sales if they weren't beneficial.

This objection of yours is based on a flawed and false notion that if SE gets a few dollars less from a few customers that the game will die/disappear, and that is simply a ridiculous conclusion to come to based on no evidence. Please find me an example of some other game offering a promotional discount which led to its downfall. You won't find such an example to support your hypothesis because it doesn't exist. There is no precedent for what you're arguing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-29-2023 at 10:58 AM.

Player
    The only way a company would throw away profits by offering a two fer 1 deal is if they don't plan to update it much more, which is probably going to happen when someone as important as Matsui leaves.

As such if this shared sub idea does happen, we need to get a reduction in the base subscription too.

I and others should not pay $12 for this game when you're giving it away to others for free.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-31-2023 at 11:21 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast