Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    I remind you the whole post is suspect because of that bit about an "anniversary presentation" in February, because Final Fantasy's anniversary is in December.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Allestra View Post
    Im happy too, I also have active legacy subscription in ffxiv and have never stopped my subscription in ffxi since the second year of NA release.
    About time tbh if it comes to light! ^^

well... not sure if legacy has anything to do with it, since I'm also one of them, but if this is true, this rly incentive me actually resub than waiting for another return campaign.

That said... while I do love having my stay longer @ Vana'diel, it's still terribly unfortunate that i haven't found ways to multi-task both games other than having both run same time on me PC, I'm dying to learn how if it's actually possible... XD
    (0)

Character
    Yakana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Please make new servers for the freeloading peasants to play on.
    Do you honestly think everyone will take the extra payment to move from 14 to 11? You're almost funny. /s
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    Do you honestly think everyone will take the extra payment to move from 14 to 11? You're almost funny. /s
    move? What do you mean? Can't ppl have both worlds instead, especially for a Final Fantasy Fans?
    (1)

Player
    I'm worried a move like this if successful will make the game near unplayable to the people actually paying for it. Everything is limited, whether it's queues to enter content or just competition for stuff like NM claims.

I already have to swap server sometimes to do Emp weapon farming, this would make it pointless cause all servers would be overcamped.
    (1)

Character
    Zenion
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm worried a move like this if successful will make the game near unplayable to the people actually paying for it. Everything is limited, whether it's queues to enter content or just competition for stuff like NM claims.

I already have to swap server sometimes to do Emp weapon farming, this would make it pointless cause all servers would be overcamped.
    So, you're worried that offering Final Fantasy XIV players a chance to play Final Fantasy XI would lead to such a massive influx of new players that all servers would become as congested as Asura?

Why Pixela, I never knew you to be such an optimist.

If there were some kind of shared subscription model implemented, we'd probably see a surge in demand for early game content for about a month, quickly dwindling to barely more traffic than before the merger. Maybe some old FFXI players who made the jump to FFXIV would come back to see what's changed, and some might even stay. For the most part though, I wouldn't count on there being some gigantic untapped market for people who play FFXIV because they love the Final Fantasy franchise, but secretly wish they could be playing Everquest instead of World of Warcraft and somehow don't already know that FFXI exists.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    Imagine being excited about a 4chan post.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinas View Post
    It's not to make people move, it's to get money from people who want to try both but don't want to because they don't want to pay two MMO subs. And I have met quite a few such people in my FFXIV travels.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'm worried a move like this if successful will make the game near unplayable to the people actually paying for it.
    Your worries are unjustified. No one is or should expect some massive influx of players from such a program. This is about a moderate number of curious souls who have heard about FFXI but are already subscribed to an MMO and don't really want to pay for two.

Everything is limited, whether it's queues to enter content or just competition for stuff like NM claims.

1)the most famous NMs were changed to force pops which solved that problem years ago. I don't know how many other NMs people care much about other than making some gil, which you can do with almost any NM.
    2)With the exception of Asura and maybe Bahamut most servers are well below the capacity they can handle and would welcome an influx of players.
    3) Why the heck are you regularly server hopping for emp weapons? Why not just stay on the lesser populated server and give that server population +1? You can still do anything you set your mind to on any other server.

There is absolutely no way this would happen but if so many curious XIV players did come to FFXI, all they'd have to do is add new worlds. It's not like there's a hard limit to how many players they can accomodate. Again, there's no way this would happen, but even if it did, the solution is simple.

Everyone wants more players. Why would that be a bad thing? If they need more capacity, they can add more capacity.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Imagine being excited about a 4chan post.
    y not? one allowed to dreams, no?
    It's kinda my wish ever since FF14's 2.x in fact.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast