Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

New UI from 2013?

Ok.. what happened here?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...User-Interface

Did you drop the ball guys? 10 years later.. time for an update.
    (2)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This was when they had a roadmap and were planning ahead, they had a test sever the users could log on.

Unfortunatly the funding was cut, things like monstrosity were never finished, they had intended for RoV to be pretty much the end of regular content, however they have relented (When we saw an increase of people coming back for RoV) and we leep going.

This won't ever happen without more investment, which isn't going to happen.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    This was when they had a roadmap and were planning ahead, they had a test sever the users could log on.

Unfortunatly the funding was cut, things like monstrosity were never finished, they had intended for RoV to be pretty much the end of regular content, however they have relented (When we saw an increase of people coming back for RoV) and we leep going.

This won't ever happen without more investment, which isn't going to happen.
    Not with THAT attitude it won't!

Need more people here to support this measure, lets go people.
    (2)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Hah, I applaud you, but you have to remember that a lot of us have been asking since 2013 and have been ground down over time

Monstrosity was huge for some people, for it to suddenly fall off a cliff, before it was even finished...

The had clear plans back in the day, roadmaps on where they saw the game going, they would share these with the users, it would be great to see that again, ok I'll fall in line and support you
    (0)

Player
    The UI update they were making honestly wasn't very good.

I would much prefer they just increase the texture res of the UI components, which is pretty easy to do for them.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auriga View Post
    Ok.. what happened here?

Its been known for awhile now that it was scrapped.
    (0)

Character
    Cherrywine
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    If it isn't broken, don't invite them to break it.
    Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust the current team with open-ended projects. I wish they would focus on and better communicate where they plan to address a very specific X by doing Y. This way, we could more easily double-check their work, since the player base itself is clearly their Q&A department. Lucky us. Especially when they don't listen or respond to any of us.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Auriga View Post
    Ok.. what happened here?

The person who was in charge of it left Square Enix, and that was the end of that. Same with Monstrosity, funny enough.

Ive seen a lot of people dog on it from the test server and I'm like, "you realize that was a super early really incomplete version right?"

It still had a lot of potential with moveable windows, the new UI was the whole reason new icons were created for all the spells and abilities.

If it isn't broken, don't invite them to break it.
    FFXI's interface is about the clunkiest of any online game ever outside of a MUD. I understand your sentiment, but the game could really, really do with something better.
    (0)

Player
    it looks a bit fresh air back then. Sadly as of the current, they looked too outdated. Rather asks for major structure updates, which if possibly happens, should also affect majority of stuff including much improved UIs.
    (0)

Player
    I'm amazing nobody on the test server saved the files for the UI.

The person who was in charge of it left Square Enix, and that was the end of that. Same with Monstrosity, funny enough.
    How do you know this?
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast