Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Honestly, it looks awful. If that was the only UI for the game I would quit.

I feel the reason they dropped it, was becasue they would of had to drop the original UI (or keep updating both forever after).
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Honestly, it looks awful. If that was the only UI for the game I would quit.

I feel the reason they dropped it, was becasue they would of had to drop the original UI (or keep updating both forever after).
    It's called "Work In Progress."

We tested a VERY EARLY PROTOTYPE that had NO ART made for it yet. Obviously, if it had been developed further, it would have been given graphics and it would have looked nice.

No. The original intention of this UI was to create a usable mouse+keyboard experience and add in official UI functionality that is commonly available today in external tools, to discourage tool use and give players more options and more customizability. There was never any plan to remove the old UI. In fact assets intended for the new UI ended up getting used in the original, specifically the icons for all the spells and abilities which used to be entirely generic. They aren't very discernable though, because those icons were made at a much higher resolution than can be applied in the tiny space next to the ability names.

Again: that was an EARLY DEVELOPMENT version. what we saw was not representative of what the final product would look like. The purpose of the test on the test server was to evaluate the functionality and offer feedback to guide development. Not to say "This is the final version, it's coming out next week, have fun."

There was tons of new functionality. Being able to move UI elements anywhere on the screen you like. A third row of macro hotkeys for every book. Being able to make things bigger or smaller so they're easier to see or don't get in the way. It would have been a huge leap forward if it had actually been completed, but here you are looking at a prototype screenshot and saying "it looks ugly I'm glad they didn't do it."
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-11-2023 at 11:50 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3