Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    I assume the maintenance just now should fixed the problem on sandy, no?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/t...8Jan.-12-13%29
    (0)

Greetings everyone,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issue where the game client would crash when players tried to login or move if their characters in Southern San d'Oria and Northern San d'Oria.
    I'd like to share a post by Director Fujito regarding this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    Greetings, Director Fujito here.

We were able to locate the root of the issue causing game clients to crash when moving to Southern San d'Oria/Northern San d'oria, and have uploaded the fix as of this evening.

As a result of the issue, players were unable to login or were discouraged from entering the affected areas, for which we offer our deepest apologies. The issue in question involved an irregularity during the process of loading certain terrain data, which then compounded and resulted in corrupted memory. Creating the necessary client data had required some time, and we appreciate your patience in the meantime.

In consideration of players who were unable to log in or had refrained from doing so and therefore were unable to benefit from ongoing campaigns, the campaigns have been extended as follows:
    • January 2023 Login Campaign
      The point distribution period has been extended until Monday, February 6 at 6:00 a.m. (PST) / 14:00 (GMT).

• New Year Early Boost Campaign
      The event period has been extended until Monday, February 6 at 6:59 a.m. (PST) / 14:59 (GMT).

Once again, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences experienced as a result of this issue.
    (3)

Player
    Appreciate the translation, thank you. I also understand it took time to rebuild the files.

I will say however that there really should of been more communication on this issue, if it was going to take a few days then people should of been told it was going to take a few days.
    "We have found the issue and it's going to take a few days to fix" would of been better because they would of know then.

Taking a while to fix wasn't the problem, checking every day for word was.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Appreciate the translation, thank you. I also understand it took time to rebuild the files.

I will say however that there really should of been more communication on this issue, if it was going to take a few days then people should of been told it was going to take a few days.
    "We have found the issue and it's going to take a few days to fix" would of been better because they would of know then.

Taking a while to fix wasn't the problem, checking every day for word was.
    You can't say something until you're sure of what you're going to say. There's a reason devs on this and most any other game don't just causally post things like "oh there's a bug we're looking into it" or various other topics like release dates of future content and various other topics and issues, its becuase if someone "official" says something, it will be taken as gospel, and then if it takes longer to deal with or something else happens, everyone will jump down their throats and call them liars. Thus, you only say something when you are completely confident that it is accurate. I remember following the Diablo II remaster, and the team behind it routinely posted their plans and status of patches, and when it took longer than some unrealistically short amount of time, everyone was like BURN THEM TO THE GROUND!

They don't even typically do things like what Zhexos posted above, so clearly this wasn't your typical situation.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-15-2023 at 04:57 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

The Voracious Resurgence

It was fun to continue The Voracious Resurgence story again, but I have to say I do not like the Prime Weapon requirement.

Well, the weapon requirement itself is fun, but the requirements to make and upgrade one is not, especially when going through the story with a friend who already has enough resources to do it (aside from the other required item, for the time being).

Some spoilers regarding Sortie will follow.

I had done Sortie only once before, exploring the place alone, and after a few more runs I am at a bit over 7k with 20k being the requirement to progress. I have no idea how long it will take to get the Eikondrite, which I guess comes from the bosses which quite literally mow through alter egos, so going for those solo is probably not feasible for most players (of course I don't imagine that it is intended to be).

Assuming I can get the Eikondrite from the chests or other enemies that are not the bosses, and that it does not take weeks, I guess it won't be too bad in the end, but still I feel the block to be a bit harsh, and that the amount of Gallimaufry required could be a lot lower.

I want to explore Sortie by myself at least a little more before I look at any spoilers, or join groups that already know everything about it, so the fact that this halts the progress for me and a friend going through the story is indeed not fun.

Edit 2023-01-24: After having done some more runs, I did indeed find some Eikondrite from the chests, and a Sapphire as well, which was a nice surprise. This means that upgrading my Empyrean equipment to +2 for one job might not take at least 40 days after all (+3 still might take around 300 days though...).

I also managed to beat one of the bosses, Ghatjot, as a samurai with only alter egos in the party. No loot of course, which was no surprise with my luck. In fact I don't seem to get things from the boxes either, except for that one time when I had someone with...

In any case, as I suspected, in the end it was not too bad all in all, at least for me, but I still feel it can be a bit of a rough blocker for something needed for the story...

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    regarding requirement for prime weapons for TVR, how accessible is that for fresh players? I know that seasoned players have easier way to swim on their gallimaufry, though I assume fresh players would struggle much more especially when they only have starter endgame gears.
    I've done Sortie three times now I believe, as a master level 16 samurai with my equipment being a mix of Ambuscade +2, Artifact +2/+3, Mythic weapon (rank 13), and the likes, and I'm at little over 7000 now.

Assuming the other item required can be obtained via other means than, say, the bosses, it might not be too bad for me in the end, but I definitely feel it's a bit of a rough of a blocker for someone who has never joined groups doing Sortie, or for some reason does not want to do so.

I still use a bunch of the time into exploring the place, and certainly am not getting as much of Gallimaufry per run as I could since I want to learn more about the event by myself before looking at spoilers and such.

Edit 2023-01-24: Added a little bit info to the spoiler part.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 01-25-2023 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Added a little bit info to the spoiler part.
    ...or so the legend says.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    snip
    Yea, think I also have around 7k by the time I'm out from last return campaign, think I'm even lucky enough to score an Eikondrite joining random Sortie partie, tho I got locked by a gate since apparently only applies to each player that does unlocked them in advance.

My LS master also advice me to spend at least 1 run just to unlock all gates for future runs with this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBDlHb80CIA

Unfortunately haven't got enough time to properly do those, hoping I would by next return campaign & then hoping to score another group run to ease those gally farms.

Anyways... thx for insight.
    (1)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 01-16-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Ambuscade

The Intense Ambuscade with the Moogles is one of the better balanced ones I maybe guess, where it actually is kind of easy on the easy difficulty level (this is from the perspective of a lone samurai, with only alter egos in the party). Getting alter egos to move to the correct positions can be tricky, and the adjustments that were made probably help with this quite a bit, though I can't really remember much of the last time I fought these.

Trying normal difficulty, it seems a bit too much effort (and time) to go for alone, but seemed doable the one time I tried. Easy took me well under 10 minutes, without attacking at all during certain times to keep the alter egos from running around.

I might even say that the mechanics are kind of fun, and I'm not sure I have ever before said that of any Ambuscade battle!

For Regular Ambuscade, the bombs are a really nice addition, as per the usual, and on the very difficult level, the enemy seems a bit on the tough side considering the points given, as per the usual, but the bombs do help with that.

Thank you!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

8. 01-17-2023 06:25 AM

Player
    please take legal action against the illegal private server "Horizon FFXI", it is a blight upon the community.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by jasnekholin View Post
    please take legal action against the illegal private server "Horizon FFXI", it is a blight upon the community.
    I wouldn't call it a blight, but it only matters if they go after every private server at once. Which they can and should do.
    (1)

Player
    Nonsense, human nature works fine from examples being made.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast