Character
    Jrc
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Payment Processing Error

I received the below message today. I have been using the same credit card for the past 10 years and haven't had a problem until today. I tried using 5 different credit cards and still get the same error 601 in the Square Enix Account Management System. What's going on?

--------------------------------------
    Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Due to a processing error with your payment method, all recurring options for the following service account have been cancelled. The details are as follows.

Date: 12/31/2022
    Payment Method: Credit Card/Debit Card
    Service Account Name: PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI 1
    -------------------------------------------------------

To reactivate subscriptions, please select "Reactivate" from the relevant service account's Options List.

If you did not request this e-mail, please direct all inquiries to the Square Enix Support Center.
    This e-mail has been sent automatically. Any e-mails sent to this address will not be answered.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Generally, this means either the card is expired, or was otherwise rejected by the card company/financial institution- Because it was locked, over limit, insufficient funds, etc., or possibly more likely, because of your card being reissued and the CVV has changed, as it always does when you receive a new card to replace the old one (whether because it had expired or you lost it or whatever)

Make sure there are funds available/the CC isn't overlimit, make sure it isn't locked due to having been compromised or manually locked by you, and make sure the CVV is correct, and then try reactivating.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-01-2023 at 12:24 PM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I had issues with paying for Crysta or setting my >10 used card as a recurring payment method as well some days ago, funny enough during the freebie login times but not eligible for it...

Nothing was wrong with the card itself or me trying to use it, but whatever was wrong was fixed up in due time. If the issue persists for you, it might be a good idea to check up with your bank to have them see what is happening on their side.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Benier
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90

Same Problem

I had the same problem. had to wait a few days to reacivate my accounts. was able to log back in... but no the conection is SO Bad I can't even play the game.

Anyone else having this problem?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Looks like they have confirmed there having been issues with payments starting December 30. Mine happened around 26th, so I guess that was something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Benier View Post
    I had the same problem. had to wait a few days to reacivate my accounts. was able to log back in... but no the conection is SO Bad I can't even play the game.

Anyone else having this problem?
    Better create a new thread for that, but no, at least I am not experiencing such issues (am likely in a very different part of the world, with a very different route to the servers).
    (1)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 01-05-2023 at 12:01 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Benier
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 90
    No problem isue was my network. all fixed.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Recovery from Account Management System Issue (Dec. 30)
    The payment processing company experienced technical difficulties with its system at the time below.
    As a result, an error may have occurred when the operations below were performed, but the issue has been resolved, and the system can now be used normally.

[Date & Time]
    Dec. 30, 2022 8:00 to Dec. 31, 2022 19:00 (PST)
    Dec. 30, 2022 16:00 to Jan. 1, 2023 3:00 (GMT)

[Details]
    An error may have occurred when using a credit card or ELV and performing the following operations:
    - Registering or changing method of payment
    - Purchasing a security token
    - Applying for a Home World Transfer
    - Purchasing or restoring content ID
    - Purchasing expansion content or extra scenarios

[Details]
    An error may have occurred when using a credit card, ELV, PayPal, or Boletobancario and performing the following operations:
    - Charging Square Enix Crysta

[Affected Services]
    - Payments with credit card, ELV, PayPal, or Boletobancario
    So yeah, this is likely the reason the payment failed, given the date of the original post.
    (0)

Player
    You're not alone there. Some people also having similar issues over FF14 as well. Best file report tickets, or in my case: pray that this issue didn't happens on your end. I was lucky enough successfully adding my crysta around mid december before finding out players on my region starts reporting payment issues. ^^;
    Personally still hoping SE having game timecard for crysta for such problems, like I used to do decade ago before SE stopped supporting 3rd party game timecards.
    (0)