Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Sinister Reign is bad

I'd read that the drop rates were bad, but this is like really bad. I've gotten one item in 25 runs and it's not even the one I want and the enchantments on it are crap anyway.

I'm sure this isn't news, but this is just bad content. It'd be one thing if it were fun or if I were working towards something, but no, this is just bad.

Even if you just added secondary drops to it, it wouldn't feel like such a waste of time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Xerius; 12-30-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    You are correct, the solo version is terrible.

Stop doing it. Do the normal version, or don't do it at all, there's nothing of any value from it.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Never done the solo version, can you not team up with others to do?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerius View Post
    I'd read that the drop rates were bad, but this is like really bad. I've gotten one item in 25 runs and it's not even the one I want and the enchantments on it are crap anyway.

I'm sure this isn't news, but this is just bad content. It'd be one thing if it were fun or if I were working towards something, but no, this is just bad.

Even if you just added secondary drops to it, it wouldn't feel like such a waste of time.
    I totally agree. More proof that most of us don't want stupid low drop rates for items like one person is begging for.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    Never done the solo version, can you not team up with others to do?
    You can. The "solo version" is just a fight against a single boss of your choice. There is a stupidly low drop rate for getting any item at all, then a 1 in 4 or 5 chance to get the item you wan, then an even lower chance to get it with the right augment strength. It's RNG on RNG on RNG.
    (1)
    It's your server.

Player
    Players will almost always take the path of least resistance.

If you add a solo version the resistance has to be of a similar level of building a party or nobody will build parties for it at all, they are giving the option to solo party based content but lowering the chance of getting something as a consequence. the lower drop rate is the resistance.

It's far better to have this option than not, which is the two choices.

The primary goal is to get you to group up, if you refuse then there is an option but they will not make it a sweet option.

A good comparison is Lilith, people solo that all the time and put up with the low drop rates. I did it for nearly a year.

One change I would suggest however is to make the box 100% but not change the chance of getting the good items, just add a lot of junk drops. It's stupid but it's a mental thing, where you think it's broken or something if you get nothing at all.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I totally agree. More proof that most of us don't want stupid low drop rates for items like one person is begging for.
    You can be such a potato sometimes.

I was arguing for ultra rare drops for the most driven players, not normal players.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

I was arguing for ultra rare drops for the most driven players, not normal players.
    "Ultra rare drop rates, but only where I want them."

Lol.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

Welll here we are, with ultra rare drops for normal players. Like I said, this only proves that generally, this isn't wanted and it pisses most people off. I don't know anyone who chased a D ring (something only "driven" players would think to go for) who wanted to spend months/weeks/years killing the same easy fight over and over and over again to hit that 0.01% jackpot.

I mean, you could just play a slot machine instead, which would have the same horrible odds but perhaps be more entertaining.
    (0)

Player
    Ultra rare drops to tide the most hardcore players over till new content - or they just quit the game, because there is nothing left to obtain.

These are the options, and I know this because when I did get all the things I wanted I did quit. I also know lots of others who did exactly the same, and it was very obvious they lost all drive to keep playing when they got that thing they wanted for years. It's not even slow, it's within a days, after the joy of getting the thing fades.

It's the "ok now what" moment, when they stop logging in.

MMO players are extremely goal orientated, the players that play the most burn through those goals the fastest.

I have always been of the mind that normal drops should be within reach, but some +1 min maxers wet dream should be much harder. As I've said before I think lilith and even SR should have +1 gear as a lure for hardcore players. If they added low drop rate +1 gear, the number of groups being made for SR would explode. Which in turn would make it easier for normal players to get the base stuff they want.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 01-05-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast