Player

Why is 'Cat's Eye' not sendable within POL accounts?

As the title says, why? Consider the following.
    In order to reach this point in the quest one must first, defeat:

All 3 Aht Urhgan Beastmen Leaders:
    Gulool Ja Ja
    Gurfurlur the Menacing
    Medusa

All 4 Salvage Chariots:
    Battleclad Chariot
    Long-Armed Chariot
    Long-Bowed Chariot
    Armored Chariot

Odin

Next is 'Duties, Tasks and Deeds' which requires the following:

Wyrmseeker of Areuhat - 150,000 Nyzul Tokens

Balrahn's Eyepatch - 100,000 Therion Ichor

Complete all 5 assualt logs (10 assaults each total of 50)

30,000 Alexandrite or 1 Cat's Eye.

*Cat's Eye will complete the Alexandrite requirement but any previously traded Alexandrite will be lost.

So if you've been collecting Alex and get a Cat's Eye and don't want to make another Mythic. All of your investment is lost. Which shouldn't be, considering you just won the lottery.

Then..

Trade Tinnin's Fang, Sarameya's Hide, and Tyger's Tail to enter a BC. All three are ZNM items used for Pandemonium Key.

Once that is completed, you will finally obtain your Mythic Weapon... which is level 75... and must be further enhanced to ilvl119 to be considered usable.

Now compare this to Relic weapons.

Relic-
    Obtain attestation (pol sendable)
    Obtain fragment (pol sendable)
    18- 20,000 currency (sendable, tradable and bazaarable)

Cat's Eye is only one part of a very long quest line. Also part of a single quest that requires hundreds of hours invested to obtain the currency to purchase each item. So, if you're lucky enough to win one, this would only complete 1/8 (including the 5 assault logs) items needed for that particular quest.
    So I ask, considering this is only obtainable from the Bonanza, why is this item not sendable within POL accounts?
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The reason is "Because nobody set the flag."
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So that you can be upset that your mule won the Bonanza and you didn't.
    (4)

Character
    Okosego
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuidado View Post
    So I ask, considering this is only obtainable from the Bonanza, why is this item not sendable within POL accounts?
    Apparently you can also get the Cat’s Eye from the Gobbie Box SP, although I can’t imagine what the odds of actually getting it is.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Okosego View Post
    Apparently you can also get the Cat’s Eye from the Gobbie Box SP, although I can’t imagine what the odds of actually getting it is.
    I'm pretty sure the special dial is 100% random i.e. everything has an equal chance. But since it contains the vast majority of all items in the game aside from some quest items, the odds of getting any particular item are miniscule.
    (0)

6. 12-30-2022 05:52 AM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The reason is "Because nobody set the flag."
    I assume this means it is an oversight, and they will get right on top of this? Haha
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure the special dial is 100% random i.e. everything has an equal chance. But since it contains the vast majority of all items in the game aside from some quest items, the odds of getting any particular item are miniscule.
    I don't know... I've obtained quite a few of the same item on multiple characters (like broken Lu Shang's rods, lots of cardian cards, lots of automaton attachments to name some that come to mind right now). If I remember right, I've even received the same item on the same day on different characters so I very highly suspect the items do not have an equal chance to be obtained.

I've got lots of lazy screenshots of what I've received, but haven't had the time to compile them up in a nice readable document (not sure why I didn't do that from the start... ugh).

As for the Cat's Eye, that indeed has always seemed like a curious one...
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 12-30-2022 at 09:11 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    lots of cardian cards, lots of automaton attachments
    Well, there are lots of these items. if you look at them collectively, the odds are going to be higher. I've never seen a broken fishing rod personally.
    (0)

Character
    Shiohisa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I think it is intended to be random but the rng algorithm is buggy or not using proper seeding technique. On my mules I actually rolled the same item consecutively. A different mule got a different duplicate item. I have across my 15 mules gotten well over 20% old Dynamis drops. With a total number of 200 or so rolls in the past week it’s a near statistical impossibility to have that much cluster around a single theme, similar clusters have happened to me around Dynamis D voids/shards, and a few other items.
    (1)