Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

If you want Beastmaster to fight along with pet, Why did you make Nyame Path D ?

Nyame path D has become a really interesting set, that has everything beastmaster would have wanted... for a PET ONLY strategy.

The combination of stat bonuses, damage bonuses, pet accuracy, and pet damage reduction make the set almost a full-time set for most things the pet will do. You have lots of Accuracy and Magic Accuracy for any enfeebles from Ready Moves. Damage bonuses for most physical ready moves, and incredible damage reduction for the pet AND master.

However, to use it that way completely nerfs building tp on the master. The only thing that makes sense is to stand close and play pet only with the set. I could melee in the set and have good defense and haste and accuracy which is great, but multi-hit, store-tp and everything that makes building tp for weaponskills would be too slow. AND I would have to give up the TREMENDOUS damage boost to weaponskills that is Nyame Path B.

This would not be a big concern if other gear was competitive for weaponskill damage sets, but there isn't anything that comes close.

The design just SCREAMS: "This augment path is for pet only playstyle".

This is incredibly frustrating because Square Enix has been gone between "Encouraging" pet and master combination playstyle with features like Tandem blow and Tandem Strike, OR enforcing the loss of pet only strategies by dropping ready command distance to such a short range.

So now is there a flip flop on development direction?

Frankly I think both playstyles should be encouraged. I also think Charm should not have been destroyed and left by the wayside.

But really what is the message here?
    I'm really baffled by what the intent is. It feels like there might be a design intention.. but its like I'm getting mixed messages on a bad date.
    (2)
    Last edited by Xilk; 12-22-2022 at 03:54 AM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean they never truly cut off the pet playstyle, they just made it more annoying and harder to do by forcing you to move close to issue commands, to limit how much it can be used. It doesn't mean they wanted us to *never* do it, but that they wanted to shape the image that the normal playstyle was being in melee combat most of the time. They just came up with a really obnoxious and annoying way of pushing that.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Nyame should have two sets. One where you choose between A and B and another where you choose between C and D.
    (1)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    BST is kind of a weird job from the dev side.

Scythe BST is a beast with sc gear closing /THF, but it isn't on any scythes that matter really.....

I feel bst really needs to be addressed beyond my fondness of Scythes.

Levels on jugs

BEAST AFFINITY

Ready Distance

Getting rid of certain monster abilities

Etc. etc

I don't feel forcing people to play a certain way is the right move. If the Ready distance was removed; I don't think it breaks BST. It just makes those long distance BST a gimp summoner.....Let them have at it hahaha.

BST is already broken under ilvl100, remove jug levels and replace Affinity at least. You can take pt mobs out with 2 Ready moves back to back already. At ilvl119, BST is no longer that king. So, the Ready move update was for nothing beyond irritating career BST.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsuta_Man View Post
    BST is kind of a weird job from the dev side.

Scythe BST is a beast with sc gear closing /THF, but it isn't on any scythes that matter really.....

I feel bst really needs to be addressed beyond my fondness of Scythes.

Levels on jugs

BEAST AFFINITY

Ready Distance

Getting rid of certain monster abilities

Etc. etc

I don't feel forcing people to play a certain way is the right move. If the Ready distance was removed; I don't think it breaks BST. It just makes those long distance BST a gimp summoner.....Let them have at it hahaha.

BST is already broken under ilvl100, remove jug levels and replace Affinity at least. You can take pt mobs out with 2 Ready moves back to back already. At ilvl119, BST is no longer that king. So, the Ready move update was for nothing beyond irritating career BST.
    Then don't play BST. Your take on it is silly.
    (1)