Character
    Jedithegrey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 50

Appointment to Jeuno 3.3 bug. How do i fix this.

So there is a thread about my issue from 2014 about mission 3.3 Sandoria but I can't find anywhere where the issue was resolved.

Can anyone help? I can't keep leveling because of this On San d' Oria Mission 3-3 (Appointment to Jeuno), I can get all the way to the point where you're actually required to scale Delkfutt's Tower, and obtain the Delkfutt's Tower Key from the NM Porphyrion on the 10th floor.

However, when I get the Delkfutt's Tower Key, (AND the permanent key-item by the same name), ride the elevator down, take the stairs to the basement, and open the middle Cerment Door, it states "You could open it if you have the proper key" or something similar. I tried trading the key to the door. This causes the door to open, but it simply states something like "You see nothing of particular interest".

Things I have tried:

- Logging out and back in.
    - Throwing the "Delkfutt's Tower Key" out, and interacting with the door using only the key item, still states you could open IF you have the proper key
    - After throwing the key out , I manually went back to the top floor, and got another key, tried again, and had the same result.
    - Went back to the San d'Orian consulate in Ru Lude Gardens, and interacted with the NPC at the front desk, as well as the consulate's door, neither of these triggered the completion of the mission.
    - I've tried trading / interacting with all 3 of the Cerment Doors, (even though I know it's the middle one), neither of the others even open.

At this point I have completed the tower 3 times, all with the same result. Any assistance would be much appreciated, as apparently I can't complete my level 60-65 limit break quest, without first having completed the Magicite mission, which I can't get because I'm stuck on this mission. Therefore I can't level any further until this issue is resolved. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As far as I can recall, there is a key item now:

Delkfutt's Tower Key Item: As of the April 2009 update, the key can be used to create a replacement key item Delkfutt Key (Key Item) (and thus not take up inventory space). To do this, you must trade the key to the Cermet Door at (E-8) in the basement, or the Elevator at (H-8) on the 10th floor. You will get the key back, which you can discard (double-check that you have the Key Item 1st!) or send to an another character on the same account.
    If you didn't, get the key item so you don't need the regular item anymore.

More than likely though, as with most people saying "this quest/mission is bugged," you're overlooking something that you may have accidentally missed while carrying out the mission. It would be a good idea to retrace your steps from the beginning of the mission using a guide, either this one or I'm sure BG has one as well.

That aside: you are not prevented from leveling if you're stuck on a mission. The only mechanic in the game that stops you from leveling is the limit break quests, which don't require any mission completion. Even if you were, you could pass the time until finding your resolution by playing other jobs, since you will need to do at least some other jobs for the sake of support job options.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-20-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The Magicite mission is required for parts of the Whence Blows the Wind, if doing it solo. A helper who already has the required items works as well.

As for Appointment to Jeuno, that happens with the door in at least in two scenarios: if the consulate part isn't done yet, or if the door part has been done already.

So what does Nelcabrit at the San d'Orian Embassy actually say when talked to?
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.