Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Regarding new merch from Amiami

Why are these only being sold to USA players from a Japanese store?

It needs to be kept in mind, that many EU/UK players have NA/JP accounts due to the delay between launch in different regions, in-case there is some idea it's not worth selling outside of the USA.

"*This product can only be shipped to the following area: USA"

Can we get an official explanation for this or for it to be changed? I was going to buy near everything on this page and now I can't buy any? Why?

https://www.amiami.com/eng/search/li...&s_cate_tag=10

If not, why are you telling EU/UK players about it at all?

http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/index.shtml
    (1)
    Last edited by Pixela; 12-16-2022 at 10:31 PM.

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Because that is how it is. They made a decision of what merchandise to sell and where. That is it. You don't need an official explanation.
    (0)

Player

i know you're trying to make a point, but it's getting annoying
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post

i know you're trying to make a point, but it's getting annoying
    What a coincidence.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    just have it shipped to someone in the US and go there to pick it up or have them forward it to you.

I don't know what the official explanation is, but I can promise you it isn't "Oh, we just hate Europe and don't want them to have anything cool."
    (0)

Player
    Ok so apparantely this merch is not made by Square Enix at all and is actually made by a 3rd party, however since we have no way to contact them and they are being sold as XI merch can a rep or something ask what the situation is for EU players that want to buy them?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The only thing you can do is take it up with the merchant. They're clearly simply licensed products, i.e. SE said "you have our permission to make things with our brands on them."
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ok so apparantely this merch is not made by Square Enix at all and is actually made by a 3rd party, however since we have no way to contact them and they are being sold as XI merch can a rep or something ask what the situation is for EU players that want to buy them?
    Obviously SE contracts out this sort of thing.
    (0)

Player
    I want to re-iterate a point Square seem unaware of, I know you calculate player numbers based on region settings for playonline.

For this reason you think NA is a much bigger market for FF11 than EU, however because you staggered release of the game and made EU /UK players wait an extra year at launch there are large numbers of EU/UK FF11 players bought the NA version of the game via import and continue to retain that setting.

Please keep that in mind before you alienate a large group of players with this kind of action. A lot of us pay our sub to SE NA but do not live there.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I want to re-iterate a point Square seem unaware of, I know you calculate player numbers based on region settings for playonline.

For this reason you think NA is a much bigger market for FF11 than EU, however because you staggered release of the game and made EU /UK players wait an extra year at launch there are large numbers of EU/UK FF11 players bought the NA version of the game via import and continue to retain that setting.

Please keep that in mind before you alienate a large group of players with this kind of action. A lot of us pay our sub to SE NA but do not live there.
    They aren't alienating anyone of consequence. It's merch, ffs.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast