Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

No new zone is a huge mistake with VR.

A big part of what people love about XI is exploration, not adding even just one new zone is a huge mistake and a major flaw with VR.

When I came back for Rhapsodies I loved Reisenjima, I loved exploring it and I loved how detailed it is. That along with the storyline re-ignited my love of the game, especially since it was a far east area.

Just adding a new storyline is not enough, a new zone needed to come with it too.

I know there will be a whole new endgame dungeon, frankly it's just not enough because many many players don't really do that much endgame content and a zone people can grind / explore it keeps everyone happy.

I think this is the biggest mistake with VR, no new zone.

I can accept no new expansions (even though I think this is a mistake because many players would come back for it and it would pay for itself), but not even one new zone for a storyline is a real bad decision.
    (4)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They refuse to spend more money on XI because the one in charge is the guy from XIV... We have to make him give more money up for the XI budget. Yoshida...
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Technically there is a new zone. Crisis averted!

Yoshida is the head of Creative Business Unit III. They do more than just FFXI and FFXIV, so it's not simply "take money from my baby? how dare you!"

Yoshida actually saved FFXI when they were actually considering shutting it down.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    We need to force him to increase the budget, this game deserves it ok
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    When I came back for Rhapsodies I loved Reisenjima
    You did? It's my least favourite zone.

There are some pretty cool zones though, with stunning scenery.

I'm just speculating, but I suspect that there are technical limitations in the way, as well as each new zone would have to be game tested, so players don't get "stuck".

I remember years back falling through the pier in Windhurst.
    (0)

Sirmarki, ex-Fenrir, a young warrior, in the heyday.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Technically there is a new zone. Crisis averted!

Yoshida is the head of Creative Business Unit III. They do more than just FFXI and FFXIV, so it's not simply "take money from my baby? how dare you!"

Yoshida actually saved FFXI when they were actually considering shutting it down.
    They can outsource, you know how I know? a lot of the work on Seekers of Adoulin was outsourced because the core XI team was working on ARR.

My feeling with Yoshida is that although what you said is correct, he has no interest in extending the game and instead just wants to sustain what there is. A new expansion would be huge for the game, it's a mindset thing.

Rhapsodies brought a ton of people back and sustained them because it was such a good "free" expansion, VR is nowhere near as good.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A big part of what people love about XI is exploration, not adding even just one new zone is a huge mistake and a major flaw with VR.

When I came back for Rhapsodies I loved Reisenjima, I loved exploring it and I loved how detailed it is. That along with the storyline re-ignited my love of the game, especially since it was a far east area.

Just adding a new storyline is not enough, a new zone needed to come with it too.

I know there will be a whole new endgame dungeon, frankly it's just not enough because many many players don't really do that much endgame content and a zone people can grind / explore it keeps everyone happy.

I think this is the biggest mistake with VR, no new zone.

I can accept no new expansions (even though I think this is a mistake because many players would come back for it and it would pay for itself), but not even one new zone for a storyline is a real bad decision.
    You are asking too much at this stage in the game.
    (0)

Player
    Really not.
    (3)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    reusing old zones, old mobs, old armour etc.. will only get you so far.

At some point you need something brand new or the game feels stale, so much of vanadiel remains unexplored

Although, didn't they say they were near or at the map limit a while ago?
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Really not.
    Yes, you are.

You want something beyond the standard from the Devs of a game in maintenance mode. This isn't the 2000s anymore where you get to blurt out requests for new assets. Take what you get and have fun. That is it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast