Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Yes, you are.

You want something beyond the standard from the Devs of a game in maintenance mode. This isn't the 2000s anymore where you get to blurt out requests for new assets. Take what you get and have fun. That is it.
    A game that's still getting new content is not in "maintenance mode."
    (1)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I want to close my eyes and pretend they still love this game and we will get a new expansion.
    (2)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    A game that's still getting new content is not in "maintenance mode."
    Lol, doesn't matter how you define it. They did, and the result is clear. Took them multiple years to do Empyrean +2/3 and even then they widely missed thier deadline.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Lol, doesn't matter how you define it. They did, and the result is clear. Took them multiple years to do Empyrean +2/3 and even then they widely missed thier deadline.

Point is, this is something certain members of the playerbase invented, and not something that ever actually happened.

To me, "maintenance mode" implies "we're not updating anything anymore, The only action we'll take is if something breaks down to keep it running." Which is what maintenance is: Keeping it running. Adding things, regardless of your opinion of how much substance those things have, goes beyond keeping it running. therefore it is not in "maintenance mode."
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    To me, "maintenance mode" implies "we're not updating anything anymore, The only action we'll take is if something breaks down to keep it running." Which is what maintenance is: Keeping it running. Adding things, regardless of your opinion of how much substance those things have, goes beyond keeping it running. therefore it is not in "maintenance mode."

Well, people can say that, but then they also ask for more, lol. Results are pretty clear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 12-16-2022 at 02:15 AM.

Player
    Why are you posting in this manner.

Maintenance mode means no new content at all, simply keeping the game running. They said that, then after being surprised by how many players came back for rhapsodies changed their mind.

The game is not in maintenance mode.

Part of the reason they spent money on adding VR was because Rhaps was so successful, but they missed part of the reason for that.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A rare moment of agreement for me with pixela.

Like I said, you can debate all day how substantial or good the new content is. But new conten IS new content. Even if it came late, even if its not what we were expecting. "maintenance mode" means "bare minimum to keep things running." This is clearly more than that. How much more, that's totally open for debate. but it's not zero.
    (0)

Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I think its because a lot of players have become a little upset since that anniversary "announcement." it was a huge fail and maybe some can see the writing that SE really doesnt care as much about this game as we all do. I wish they did, the producer seems to and he wanted to do an expansion and keep it going strong. The success of their other games has made them care very little for this one.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Why are you posting in this manner.

Maintenance mode means no new content at all, simply keeping the game running. They said that, then after being surprised by how many players came back for rhapsodies changed their mind.

The game is not in maintenance mode.

Part of the reason they spent money on adding VR was because Rhaps was so successful, but they missed part of the reason for that.
    Someone has to be more in touch with reality and not behaving like we are sitting on Santa's lap making Christmas wishes.

Game is in maintenance mode. Devs have conveyed this, and the results have conveyed this. It has taken years to complete basic content and story lines. Other planned changes still not even materializing. Years. Deal with it.

VR isn't even after, years. Prime weapons need more content to reach completion. How do you know we don't just get a new zone over this? Asking or declaring your unmet desires thus far to be a mistake is silly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sp1cyryan; 12-16-2022 at 10:59 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
    I think its because a lot of players have become a little upset since that anniversary "announcement." it was a huge fail and maybe some can see the writing that SE really doesnt care as much about this game as we all do. I wish they did, the producer seems to and he wanted to do an expansion and keep it going strong. The success of their other games has made them care very little for this one.
    The anger at the anniversary announcement was unjustified IMO. what they were alluding to could have been literally anything and the playerbase chose to let their imaginations run wild and assume all kinds of things that weren't realistic.

Anyone with any common sense would have tempered their expectations that they were going to be revealing a new expansion or something else on that order of magnitude.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2