Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Lilymon
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    They just did a "Square Enix news!" and no mention at all about FFXI, yet the other MMO and games were mentioned
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Is it possible to increase the maximum cap of Gallimaufry from 100k?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato
    I honestly thought that's what your name was
    I'm really not sure about this, but I'll give you benefit of the doubt. I can assure you that SE would not allow me to use "anal" in a name, in fact that's why I use AlhanElem as opposed to the correct spelling AlhanAlem. Many games see the A word in there and won't let me use it. though some do.

Having a name in FFXIV's expansion credits doesn't mean it has anything to do with FFXI.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to here, I never claimed my name in the credits meant anything. If you're referring to Creative Business Unit 3, it is a wholly owned subsidary of Square-Enix, of which Naoki Yoshida is the head. He also happens to be executive producer and director for FFXIV, but the FFXI project is also controlled by CBU3 and the FFXI staff has to go through Yoshida to get development resources. That is why there's no separate listing in the financial report, but it has nothing to do with how income is distributed and spent, which is the issue at hand here. The facts im talking about are the basic facts about how corporations and businesses are run.

Pixela can wave numbers on a financial report around all he wants, but public financial reports are deliberately vague and can not tell him all the things he's trying to extrapolate from them. He also has yet to actually link to this financial report or any other sources for his claims. As for you, if there's something specific you want to demand proof of, I will endavor to provide it. But suffice it to say for now that Pixela's assertions run counter to how corporations budget their time and money. There is absolutely no way to prove that any given dollar of income from one project was directly spent on another. Money goes into one big pool and gets allocated to all projects as needed. They don't specifically assign dollars from one project to another.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-26-2022 at 05:21 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Hahahahahahahaha.

Whew—that is right. So don't stoop to that level either, lol.
    It's not right at all. I'm willing to go and dig up sources if someone's calling BS on me, and/or label hypotheses or conjecture as such. If you cast doubt on something that I'm specifically asserting as a fact, then say so and I will either find where I got that from or label it as what it is accordingly.

But as far as how monies are collected and distributed in a company, that's just basic accounting, not some Square-Enix specific insider info of mine.

No company goes, "oh, the income from product A will fund the development of product C, and the income from product B will fund the development of product D." Income is generally received into a company account or accounts ("Accounts Receivable"), and then dispersed from that account to cover expenses ("Accounts Payable"). Because income is collected and money is spent seperately, there is normally no way to identify any specific monies spent as having come from a specific source. It can be different for things like charitable foundations, because there are restrictions on how donation money can be spent. But normally, that's now how companies process income.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-26-2022 at 05:32 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuzey View Post
    I am realistic, I see people coming back and then leaving again, It just feels like such a wasted opportunity, we all care about the game, we want it to go on for many years and it probably will, but it could be so much more
    Coming and going happens with every game, not just FFXI. Yes, we all care about the game, but any big new thing has to be financially justified. Companies use what's called a cost-benefit analysis or CBA to determine if an idea is worth the effort and expense. And while some major new update may certainly bring some players back for longer, FFXI is still FFXI, it's not likely to bring in many new users that haven't played before, which makes it harder to justify the cost. Companies want to see growth, existing cancelled players resubbing isn't really growth. A remaster *could* grow the playerbase, but they seem to still feel that the cost of doing that wouldn't be justified by the income they'd gain.
    (1)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6